Castiel - The Talk

She stared at him. Something in him stirred. He saw her bite her lip, something she did when she was upset. He felt a protective urge rise within him. He contemplated it for a second. He was God now, but still a simple crush had survived the transition between angel and god when even Castiel’s morals had been weakened. He took a step towards Auzura and saw her flinch and look away. He hesitated. She was scared at him. They had fought at each other’s side, fallen together and now she couldn’t even look at him.

“Auzura.” He said.

She looked at him with an emotionless face. “Yes?” she asked; her voice also devoid of emotion.

It stung Castiel that she couldn’t even face him.

“It’s still me.” He said. He was lying, but he wanted her to care for him again.

He saw a flash of anger in her eyes. “So?” she asked, still detached.

“Auzura,” he said again and took a step towards her. She winced again and moved closer to the water.

“What?” she asked coldly.

He gave an exasperated sigh. “Talk to me.” He pleaded angrily.

Now she showed emotion. She stood up and glared at him. “Talk to you! Yes Cas, let’s talk. Let’s talk about how many of our kin you murdered today.”

“They were Raphael’s followers-”

“Or how many humans you killed.” She continued, ignoring the interruption.

“Hypocrites and non-believers.” He cut in.

“Or how about how you have all these amazing powers and yet so far you’ve only used them to hurt people. How you threatened the Winchester Brothers and Bobby. Let’s talk about that!”

“I-” he paused. She was right. So far he hadn’t helped anyone. He had been too busy cleansing the world to think about fixing it. “I haven’t had time!” he snapped at her.

“Oh but you’ve had time to kill off those who lie or don’t believe in you?” she sneered. “Now who’s the hypocrite?”

Castiel had no answer. Auzura had an infallible talent for cutting straight to the heart of the matter. She was right. So far he had hurt more than healed. He frowned. He needed to rectify that. He disappeared without so much as a goodbye.