New

Berk is a fascinating place. So many happy people. So many happy dragons. The way they got along was amazing. Together they made such a peaceful, beautiful place. And Hiccup was the chief of it, with his loyal Night Fury next to him. The sun rose up and a new day had begun, opening up so many possibilities and chances for adventure. What Hiccup didn't know, of course, is that his adventure today wasn't going to be a good one. He was walking towards Gobber's workshop, carrying a bunch of broken swords and daggers. He was, indeed, the chief, but that didn't mean he was off the hook with the workshop. As he got closer to the entrance, he saw something that looked like a black tail. Walking further to see what it actually was, he saw his own invention on that tail; ah yes, Toothless.

''Whatcha doing there, bud?'', Hiccup entered the workshop, finding Toothless with his head stuck in the cold forge. To be precise, he had his head stuck into the forge belly, as if he was waiting for something to fall from the chimney hole. Toothless turned his head to Hiccup and lowered his ears, clearly showing he was scared. Hiccup observed Toothless for a second, but then frowned and put down the broken weapons, his eyes stuck to the dragon. Toothless looked both sad and terrified. He kept looking towards the forge, then switched his eyes back to his master. Hiccup came closer to him and put a hand on his nose, immediately calming the dragon down. Still holding his hand on Toothless, he turned to the forge and bent down to see inside the belly; he saw nothing. He turned back to Toothless and gave him a confused look, not understanding what the problem was. The dragon just closed his eyes and pushed Hiccup closer to the forge. The boy frowned again and, this time, climbed into the forge, looking up the chimney;

and there it was.

A bright blue light, in the middle of the chimney, shining so bright that Hiccup couldn't keep his eyes on it longer than five seconds. He jumped out of the forge, his breath short, eyes wide. He was slightly trembling, shocked by the strange ball of light in his freaking forge. What it was, or where it came from, he didn't have a clue. He looked at Toothless, his eyes still wide open; Toothless lowered his head and silently whined, not knowing what that was either. But it was clearly not good, since the Night Fury took no fancy in it. Hiccup ran a hand through his hair, trying to calm down, breathing deeply. But he didn't plan on sitting this one out; he patted Toothless on the head and ran towards Astrid's home as fast as he could, despite his prosthetic leg.

The people of Berk didn't understand why their chief was running so fast through the village, it was quite a worrying scene. But they knew Hiccup wasn't the calmest person in the world, so they just assumed he did something foolish again and needed someone to help him with it. That obviously wasn't the case, but it was better for them not to know; what good would panic do?

''Hiccup! Hiccup!!'', all of a sudden Snotlout started screaming, as if someone was slaughtering him. Hiccup didn't stop, but merely turned his head to see if Snotlout was actually getting slaughtered. When he saw it wasn't true, he rolled his eyes, still running.

''Not now, Snotlout, later maybe!'', he yelled back, now running faster than before.

He finally reached Astrid's home, and without thinking he started to pound on the door.

''Astrid!! Astrid, come on, it's pretty much an emergency here!'', he yelled. After he reached the number of fifty hits on the door, Astrid finally opened, wrapped up in a piece of bear skin.

''For Gods' sake, what's got into you?? I was taking a bath, couldn't this wait?'', she protested. The moment she saw Hiccup who had a frown on his face and was slightly terrified, she took the matter in consideration.

''No.'' was all that Hiccup said, grabbing her hand and running back across the village to the workshop.

''You could've at least let me put clothes on!!'', Astrid was yelling, but Hiccup didn't listen to her. The only thing on his mind was; is this thing going to destroy the village? He didn't know what it was, and it scared Toothless a lot. And Toothless doesn't get easily scared; he's the Alpha now after all. They finally reached the workshop. Hiccup let go of Astrid's hand, who was still grunging about not getting dressed, fixing the tightness of the bear skin. He approached the forge and looked around to see if his dragon was okay but...