12. Twelve Sunflowers

1 2

Jungkook didn't say a word.

A bumpy road with tall trees in the middle of nowhere was our scenery for the past few minutes and he hasn't spoken a single word.

His hands were gripping the steering wheel tightly, strong gaze etched on the road while his mind was somewhere else.

The only vivid thing on the delicate skin on his face was pure and raging anger.

But the reason behind his feelings could only be two things: A. He was angry at me, for spending more time with Taehyung than I did with him, my own boyfriend. Or, B. he was angry at me, again, for being the reason he'll be late and won't fulfill his father's wish.

In conclusion, the only thing that matters is that Jungkook was indeed angry – a sight that was far from being pretty.

Because he wouldn't just easily forget it. I'd rather have him kicking all of his anger out against an old punching bag in the gym instead of this silent treatment he was gladly giving me.

''We go inside, you get your purse and then we're out. Capiche?'' It was an order that breaks the silence, as Jungkook doesn't even bother to make an eye contact.

And I nod, letting out a small sound in order to let him know that I heard him, loud and clear.

Soon enough, we reach up to the black gates opening by themselves and I know that we have been waited for.

With the silence still on top of our shoulders, both Jungkook and I are standing in front of the entrance door. His index finger leaves a print against the doorbell as it chimes, though the barking of a dog overpowers the ringing.

''The hell was that?'' Jungkook's eyebrows furrow. Absolutely terrified of anything on four legs, he takes a few steps back, mentally pushing me forward for safety precautions. ''Please don't tell me he has a damn dog.''

''He doesn't have a dog, but a massive dragon. Beware or it will eat you.'' I say in the most serious tone, causing him to roll his brown eyes back at me.

Seconds after, he sticks his tongue inside the left cheek, arms crossing in the process. ''I can think of better things to eat."

I don't get a chance to react when the front door opens rapidly. The first thing that comes out is the small fuzzy creature barking as loud as it possibly can, sniffing out mostly Jungkook. Frozen in place, I look up to the person standing before me.

Dressed in a teal floral double-breasted suit, and a pair of embroidered loafers, Taehyung stood there, leaning just a tiny bit on his left foot, arms crossed and eyes locked with mine. Unlike his usual silver strands, his hair looked a bit more golden now, maybe because of the sunlight casting on him.

''Don't touch it, I don't want you to get dirty.'' Taehyung said, his earring swaying from side to side.

''Thanks for the concern.'' Somewhat relieved, Jungkook steps away from the small dog and its wiggling tail.

A sly, cunning smirk. That's all that formed Taehyung's full lips. ''I was talking to Yeontan.''

Trying my best not to cackle out loud, I take a deep breath in, following Taehyung inside as I listen to Jungkook bickering behind.

Immediately, we find ourselves in the dark, sleek kitchen. And as Jungkook stares around, jaw dropping to the floor, I can see my purse sitting on top of the kitchen island, just where I thought I left it last night. Right next to it, a contrast to the black cupboards, stands a vase filled with exactly twelve sunflowers.