Chapter 3

***Edited***

I woke up in a cold sweat. That was the strangest dream I've ever had. I dreamed about a girl, the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Well I didn’t see her face but I know she was beyond gorgeous.

We were lying on my bed, in this pack house. Her head lay on my chest, and her face was covered by silky, brown, curls. Her tiny body was wrapped around mine, she was smaller than me. I was looking up at the ceiling as I played in her hair, we were talking about something but I couldn’t hear our words.

I must have said something funny because we both began to laugh. She looked up at me but she didn’t have a face. No eyes, no nose, and no mouth. It was completely blank. She leaned in and kissed me, I felt the kiss even though she was mouthless.

It was a breath taking kiss, even while dreaming. When my lips connected with her invisible ones, my body was engulfed in the most tantalizing, burning, electrical pleasure I've ever felt. When we pulled away I was smiling.

The scene changed again, and I was lying in bed alone. I was yelling something and a few moments later, the faceless girl appeared in the room. I asked her something and it must have upset her because she started to yell.

I only knew she was yelling because I kept flinching at every word she said. She picked up various objects and threw them at me. She said something else and I started to cry, and then she vanished from the room.

The scene changed again and I and the same girl lay out in the grass in front of the pack house together. We were holding hands and staring at each other. She only had lips this time. I read my lips, "I love you." I said to her. She smiled returned the words.

She stood up from the grass and grabbed my chair. She then proceeded to help me in. Before she could move from in front of me, I grabbed her gently behind the neck and pulled her to me.

I whispered something to her and she nodded her head and smiled. I returned the smile and crushed my lips into hers. I kissed her with so much love and passion that her body shook against mine as she threaded her fingers in my hair.

She ended up straddling me in my chair with her arms wrapped around my neck.

She pulled away from me. "Mark me." Her lips read. I put my head down and shook it. "Why not?" They read again. I didn’t give her an explanation. Her invisible eyes filled with tears and she ran away from me. I called out to her but she just kept running.

I woke up after that. I'm not sure what the dream meant, I know the girl was my mate but from the dream, our relationship is a disaster. One minute we're happy, the next, she's throwing things at me.

I don’t know why I refused her what every female wolf desires from their mate. Marking your mate makes every official, it completes the bond. It’s like an engagement ring for wolves.

Right now I’m completely confused. It makes me even more afraid to find her. Obviously our relationship won’t work, everything about the dream said so. I pulled myself out of bed and crawled over to the closet. I grabbed a pair of grey sweatpants and a white, long sleeved shirt, like always, and crawled into the bathroom for a bath.