Chapter 5

(Frankie's P.O.V.)

I don’t know what these feelings are. When I look at him, my heart beats faster and I want to be closer to him. The moments he's allowed me to touch him and kiss brought me so much joy. It’s not like I just go around kissing boys, it’s just that Devlin is the only person I want to kiss.

Even though he didn’t kiss me back, it was still a breath-taking event for me both times. If I knew why I felt like this, it would be ok but I don’t know. I feel like he's the person I'm destined to be with but I know Devlin would tell me if he was my mate, he knows how much I want my mate. I don’t think he would hurt me like that.

I wish he would look at me. I don’t want to ask him to because he doesn’t look at anyone, only Sam and Eli. I'm not going to force him either. I wish I knew what he was thinking. If his thoughts are anything like mine have been this past twenty-four hours then he's thinking about me right now.

We pulled up at the mall and Sam helped Devlin out of the car and into his chair. Jealousy struck me as I watched the way he wrapped his arms around her neck and the way she rubbed her hand down the back of his hair when she put him down.

I growled lowly drawing the attention of everyone including Devlin. He didn’t look at me but I know I had his attention. Alex laughed and shook his head before turning and walking with Vanessa towards the entrance of the building. "Did I miss something?" Sam asked.

"No." I said stalely before turning on my heels and stomping off after Alex. I don’t know why I got so mad. Maybe it’s because he's the only guy I've ever crushed on in my life and I feel like Sam may be crushing also. She's already won him over; he looks her in the eye. I want his electric blue eyes to connect with my golden ones, just once.

Now I'm a little bit mad at him. I've been almost throwing myself at him and he won’t even tell me he's not interested. If he wants Sam he should just say it so I can stop wasting my time and making myself look like a desperate idiot. Something keeps telling me not to give up easily though.

'Battle of the Babes.' My wolf laughed. 'Do me a favor and don’t get your ass kicked.' I mentally rolled my eyes at her. I don’t see how I got stuck with a wolf as immature as Koro. She finds humor in the dumbest things. You can’t even think about the planet, Uranus, without her rolling with laughter.

Sam and Devlin caught up with us and we started our shopping spree. Eli better be lucky his money is nearly unlimited. We aren’t necessarily the cheapest pack in the state. "Where should we go next?" Sam asked after we had walked through the mall for two hours.

"Let’s go to Aeropostale!" Vanessa exclaimed. Alex rolled his eyes at her.

"Babe, do we really have to go in there this time?" He asked with a whiny tone. Alex absolutely hates the store. He says that only stuck-up preps shop there and he's never been nor will be either. Vanessa grabbed his cheek and squeezed it.

"Yes, Love, we do." She said playfully. "This is your punishment for making me wait." This time I rolled my eyes. Some wolves make mating too much about sex. Alex and Vanessa couldn’t stand each other before they found out they were mates. Afterwards they started having sex like the world needed repopulating.