9 ~ Please Don't Be Dead

Dedicated @_whatevszoe_ thank you for your comment: what about Mason?

Guys... we've hit 2k reads thank you sooo much!! I promise it's only going to get better.

If this isn't added to your reading lists then WHAT'RE YOU DOING FAM? Go add this to your reading lists, then come back and finish this chapter fr. I'm watching you 👀

G u i l t was the only word she could use to describe how she felt

All night Mason had been in surgery, and what had she been doing instead of being by his side?

Drunk dry humping Elijah West.

The same Elijah West who clearly busy with some next chick.

Lana ran across the hospital floor until she reached the reception. The nurses had barely enough time to pay attention to her as they ran to their patients.

"Excuse me" Lana called out, catching the attention of a nurse "I'm looking for Mason Brookes"

She stopped for a second, looking at Lana speechlessly until she proceeded "Oh... Mr. Brookes, I'm sorry but--"

"No" Lana cried, her hands flying over her mouth as tears immediately began pouring from his face. It was too late. "No Mason..."

The nurse placed a hand over her shoulder before whispering gently "I was going to say, I'm sorry but Mason is only allowed two visitors at a time"

Her stomach knotted, and her entire body froze "W--what? So he's... fine?"

"He's stable for now," she told her, before glancing over at his room "And it looks like his visitors just left so you can see him"

"Where is he?" she asked, trying to compose herself.

"Room 203 East"

Lana rushed to the room but stopped just before the door. Could he even speak? Could he even breathe on his own? Less than twenty-four hours ago he was in critical surgery, could she even stand to see him all messed up? But she opened the door anyway.

And there he was.

Attached to tubes and wires, a neck brace, arm in a cast and a mask over his nose and mouth. It was a scary sight. Just a few hours ago this same man had been partying and drinking and laughing. And now he could hardly even breathe on his own.

"Mason" Lana whispered, scared that even her voice could shatter him again. She sat in the chair next to him and reached out to his limp hand.

"I'm so sorry" she cried "I'm so sorry this happened to you"

But he didn't respond, at least she could listen to the cold beeping of his heart monitor to know he was still alive.

Stable for now. What did that even mean?