3. Locked Away

VIKTOR

I had a feeling she would be predictable. Having dealt with Stefan, I knew what to expect beforehand. But, truthfully, she has proven me way quicker than I had imagined.

The moment I saw her, I knew I couldn't leave her there. Her state reminded me of Stefan—the same memories I was trying to push back, and they suddenly rushed into my subconscious like a flooded dam in a split second.

But there was a strange force that worked mysteriously, pulling me towards her. Oddly, I was both curious and uncomfortable with this whole situation.

My family knew I didn't do well with emotions: it tends to backfire on me or someone else every damn time, and by all means, I avoid them.

I was well aware that there was no freaking way the girl would willingly come with me, So I did what seemed like my only choice: I threw her tiny body over my shoulder, barged into the bedroom and put her back on the bed.

"I didn't want to do this—believe me," I told her, walking around the bed to grab the cable ties. I had no fucking idea as to why I stashed them inside here, but right now, it was helpful. "But you didn't leave me with a choice. If I let you free, you would run off again."

"No, no—" She began thrashing and kicking her legs before I could bound them.

"Please, it was a mistake! I won't ever do it," she begged with that sweet, mewling voice—tempting me.

Get your shit together, Viktor.

I carried her inside the bathroom, plopped her down the countertop beside the sink. Her skin was soiled, there were bruises all over, and she was in dire need of a bath.

"Do whatever...whatever you want with me. I will—"

"Keep quiet!"

She gaped at me with those with wide doe eyes glistening with unshed tears when I approached her before curling herself into a cocoon.

The last thing I wanted to do was this: ripping the modesty off her even though that flimsy piece of cloth hardly suffice as clothing for anyone. But I knew that if I let her alone with a maid, she would, most likely, be uncontrollable.

Whenever a situation like this arose with Stefan, I dealt with it. He wouldn't let anyone come around, thrashing things around, until I held him down.

Fuck! How do I do this again?

It was ten times worse now because I didn't know her at all. And the last thing she would want was a man cleaning her.

"Sorry," I mumbled low, unsure if she heard me or not, before ripping the white chemise off her.

To my utter surprise, she didn't flinch or protest, or even tried to hide her nakedness. My eyes raked over the bare creamy skin dotted with a lot of more bruises than her forearms: blaring evidence of what she went through. For a second, a knot in my stomach twisted, realizing the horrible things she encountered.

For a man who didn't know about emotions, I sure as hell was feeling a lot of things, and all at once. It was chaotic.

"Right," I grimaced a little, reaching out for her. "Let's...umm...do this."

She kicked my torso with her tied legs, and I had to grab her ankles quickly before she would try again for the balls.

"Don't you dare!" I warned her with a glare.

Once I placed her into the warm tub filled with soap bubbles, I took out the blade from the sheath attached to my belt. No sooner she saw the gleaming silver weapon did she let out a piercing scream.