5. Bound Little Kitten

VIKTOR

While Sammy was checking her up, I fixated my eyes upon her bound pose. She looked so scared and broken. My presence wasn't very pleasing for her either, but I couldn't let anyone else around her.

But there was another problem. She behaved like a little brat every time I was lenient. Although, I won't hold her responsible much because I knew how fucked up her state was right now.

"I need to ask her some things," Sammy said, expecting me to remove the gag.

I strode forward and cupped her jaw with a slight force. The warning look I gave her was enough a reminder to behave properly in my presence. Taking the gag off, I ran my fingers over her dried lips. She was extremely dehydrated.

I picked up the bottle beside the bed and cupped back of her head as I offered the water. To my utter surprise, she obediently drank it without any protest.

"So it's Mia, right?" Sammy started with a warm smile. She was always the sweet-talker in the family. Mia nodded as a response.

"Sweety, I need you to tell me if you're experiencing any pain. Are you having a headache, nausea or any other thing that you want me to know? I can only help if you let me. Alright?"

"P-please just give it to me one last time. I won't ask for any more," she pleaded and I lost my cool once again.

I jerked her face towards mine. "What is so diffic-" before I could finish Sammy placed her hand on mine, silently requesting me to control my temper.

Sammy began once again. "Okay, I know this is way difficult than you thought but you would kill yourself if you don't start controlling it right now. It is definitely possible; you just have to give it a try. I'd be honest with you right now Mia. There will be pain and seizures but I'll prescribe the medicines to give you the relief as much as I can. All you have to do is, show a bit of patience and persistence. Nobody's going to hurt you. Now, please tell me is there a headache or pain?"

"My h-head's throbbing," she purred, her lips quivering.

"Alright... Anything else you want to tell me? Trust me. No one is going to hurt you. You will be safe here."

Mia nodded once again.

Sammy turned her face toward mine. "I'll send in the medicines, just make sure she eats something. Her stomach's growling."

"Okay."

"Can we talk outside for a bit?" she asked, almost whispering.

"Yeah. Let's go."

I leveled Mia with a stern look, reminding her to behave, before walking out and slammed the door behind us.

"So?" I asked Sammy.

"She's a mess right now, Viktor."

"Tell me about it."

"Though I'll need to examine the blood samples, I can say that her tolerance is literally zero with the amount she has been injected. Not to mention, the severe depression, abuse, assault and I am guessing...rape. It will take a lot of time for her to heal, mentally and physically."

"She's beyond my control Sammy."

"I know, it's too much but under no circumstances, she should be exposed to drugs again. Also, she looks self-destructive. And you and I, we both know how that ends." she said in a low voice, the pain evident in her tone. She blamed herself for a long time for Stefan's death, though it was not her fault.

"I know. What do I have to do?"

"Figure out a way first to calm her down. She should trust you." Hah! Like that's going to be easy!

"You have no idea how defiant she gets. I'll tell her to do sit down and she'll run for an escape."

"I can imagine. Just keep in mind —her medication, proper food and sleep, and workout— if all these are done, she would recover. Once her mind is trained, it would be easier. I am pretty sure she didn't choose this life. She's hardly an adult."

"And I am not very good with kids," I stated irritably while Sammy chuckled.

"I know. Try to be slightly considerate, at least. Scold her if you must but just don't push her into depression."

"And how long do I have to play nanny?" Irritation turned into annoyance now.

"You could have just left her where she was...why did you bring her here?"

"She would probably be raped and drugged....or killed." A sharp ache pinched me when I thought of those possibilities.

Sammy smiled and nodded. "Then why not ask her about her parents and send her back home? Or maybe a rehabilitation center? I can recommend the best ones in the country, you know."

"Can you fucking you as you're told?" I snapped. I knew she was riling me up intentionally.

"For once, brother, you did something nice in your life. You are trying to save her."

"I couldn't save Stefan—" I almost choked on my words, "—at least this would be some kind of salvation, you know."

"No!" Sammy leveled me with a fierce look. "This isn't some kind of compensation. We couldn't save Stefan. We were his undoing. But this girl...she didn't choose to be raped, drugged and abused. I am pretty sure that you felt something in your heart. So put in a little effort to make things comfortable for her."

"In my heart? Seriously? How many rom-coms are you watching per day?" I scoffed. "I did it out of pity."

"Fine...whatever you need to tell yourself."

She was right, slightly. Maybe just not out of pity but to care for someone...it wasn't in my bones. Ask me to shoot someone's brain out; I was pretty good at that. I was just not wired to 'take care' of someone.

"First things first—the moment I let her free, she tries to run. Now you don't want me to upset her. So how do I do things? And I can't be around her all the time. I have a business to run and people to kill. Give me a solution, sis."

"Talk sweetly." She gave me an annoying wide grin.

Sweet Mother of Hell!

"How do you talk sweetly to someone?" I asked, twitching my lips questionably.

"I am pretty sure there must be something she likes. Any hobbies – like singing, dancing or reading?"

"Do I have to turn this house into a freaking Karaoke?" I asked, my eyes widening.

I hated noise – music was practically noise to my ears, so no fucking chance in hell!

"Relax! Get to know her, like a first date, you know."

"How about I strangle her and put her out of misery? And also mine," I added with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, if you wanted to do that, you would have done it already. Since that you haven't, just follow my advice now."

"Alright. But I can't give my word that I'd be gentle, because she really drives me nuts. Although, I'll try," I muttered.

"That will be enough. I am sending the medicines right away."

As soon as bid her goodbye, the food arrived.

Time to feed the little kitten.