Love, Noah

Today we were leaving to go to Disney world. I was a little glad because it meant I wouldn't have to speak to Jughead anymore. There was a bit of tension rising in the middle of my stomach I could feel it punching me till it hurt hard. That tension was from the thought of bumping into Jughead. A young, fragile boy living in his past everyone else around him living in the present unaware of his pointless little pain. A not so young girl fed up of being affected by his pain, living in the present with the past she shared with the young boy hurting her on repeat. The not so young girl being me, Betty tired of waiting, expecting Jughead to give up and move on like I have but try so hard to forget. Noah was sitting in the kitchen sipping coffee while reading the news off his phone, the boys opposite him immersed in whatever video they both had on their iPads too busy to realise I was standing at the door watching them being so peaceful for once. I sat down with a plate of picturesque pancakes, a mixture of berries on top that Alice made and everyone else stopped what they were doing.
A soft hand intertwined in mine, Noah's hand and then stared at me with his ocean blue eyes giving a tiny kiss on the forehead. Charlie and Alex giggled a little as they tried so hard to keep it in, then went back to their iPads like nothing happened. Alice made them waffles with her new waffle maker as they had requested.  "I'm surprised you're drinking coffee and reading the news, it's like you're a middle aged man in their forties" I jested "it's just an espresso and I wasn't really reading the news this stuff about Trump bores me because he's constantly in the news" Noah explained. "The second part was a joke, you know I love you Noah" I replied. Noah"I love you too".
"Mummy you know that boy was he just a friend?  I don't know it wasn't my business" Charlie questioned. Noah noticed my face go a little pale reassuring me that it will be ok. "Charlie do you want to know who your real dad is?" Noah asked "yeah I don't mind but I won't love him like I love you daddy" Charlie responded. Me and Noah both smiled at each, Noah holding my hand to help me tell him. "That boy was more than a friend once... when I was in school he- He was my... boyfriend but... He changed and I stopped speaking to him however he's your real dad that's why you've got green eyes" I exclaimed. "Oh well I'm happy you married daddy because he doesn't seem very nice but daddy is, daddy is the best and I love him and you of course" Charlie shouted. Alice sat there drowsy like she was trying to tell me that it is my fault.  What was my fault? Leaving you by yourself in Riverdale while I start a new life in London with the man that I love. Does she not care that I have feelings too? I can't live in Riverdale knowing that my ex who is literally a psychopath is still here waiting to get me back which I don't want. Im sorry that I've never came back to Riverdale for nearly 7 years I hope you can understand why.
Noah:
For Betty,
You amaze me with you beautiful ways; how you're not living in the past but it lives in you and you don't take one notion about it, you get on with our life and push it away; how brave you've been these past few days but the fact that you're always brave. You know how to make me smile just like I know how to make you smile, the boys are so lucky to have a mum as brilliant and beautiful as you. I guess I'm lucky to have met you and be able to call you my wife at an age still quite young. Some might say it was fate or luck whilst for me it was like you are my soul mate, something unexpected however something good. I occasionally think you deserve better but then I realise I was there for you during your first pregnancy when I could've left you like some people might do and helped you with Charlie who is now our son. I guess I'll say it straight I love you Betty and nothing is ever going to get in the way because I will make sure of that each and every day spent with you...