- 1 - | Ice Cream + Hot Chocolate

December 20th
- lauren -

"Yeah, sure." I reply, smiling back at her. She walked to her room and got into bed.

"I'm gonna fix this." I mutter under my breath.

~~~

An hour later, Maddie returns with an extremely smiley Lizzie. She was so much like Johnny it was unbelievable yet still so much like Kenz.

"Hello, Lizzie! Did you have a good time?" I ask, whilst smiling at her.

"Yeah, it was awesome." She says, excitedly.

"Well why don't you come and tell me all about it whilst Auntie Madz, goes and talks to Mummy." I say, hinting towards Maddie. Maddie nods and walks off towards Kenzie's room.

"We were going to get ice cream, then go to the park but it was too cold, so we stayed in the ice cream place instead." Lizzie explains.

"Well, it is December and we know what that means." I say, giggling.

"Yep, Christmas and new year." Lizzie says, giggling with me.

"And cold weather, with hot chocolate." I say, smiling.

"Yeah! Can we have a hot chocolate?" She asks.

"Yep but right after you tell me what ice cream you got." I say, smiling.

"Um. I got strawberry sorbét and Nutella ice cream." She says, but pronouncing sorbét as sor-bet instead of sor-bay. Johnny always gets that order.

"Mmm, sounds delicious. Now let's go make some hot chocolate." I say.

"Hot chocolate!" She shouts, excitedly. I pick her up and carry her into the kitchen.

"Can we make mummy and Auntie Madz one too?" She asks, in her adorable little voice.

"Sure." I reply. I take out 4 mugs, a bottle of milk, a saucepan, a wooden spoon, a teaspoon, hot chocolate powder, whipped cream and mini marshmallows. I lay everything out on the worktop.

"Right, Lizzie what's step number 1?" I ask.

"Turn the stove on." She says, as I lift her up to turn the knob on the oven that turns the electric hob on. After she's done that I sit her on top of the worktop so she can reach everything better.

"Right, we need to measure the milk out. Okay?" I say.

"Okay." She says. I fill each mug up with milk, so she can pour them into the saucepan. As if on cue, she pours the milk out of each mug into the saucepan. I hand her the wooden spoon and she starts to stir, so it doesn't burn.

"You stir the milk, and I'll add the hot chocolate powder. Okay?" I say.

"Okay." She says. I grab a teaspoon and open the tub of hot chocolate powder.

"One ... Two ... Three ... Four ... Five ... Six ... Seven ... Eight!" She says, each time I add a spoon of hot chocolate. She continues to stir until the mixture is fully combined.