- 4 - | Christmas day + Santa Claus ■ Part 1

December 25th
Christmas day
- mackenzie -

I was woke up at 5:34 by Lizzie. 5:34! I still got up with her anyway. I took her downstairs careful not to wake up everyone else. By 6:03 she had opened all of the presents from me, I told her she had to wait until everyone else came down to open the rest. We sat on the sofa, I put on Christmas cartoons for Lizzie, and slowly drifted off to sleep.

- johnny -

I woke up at 6. I don't know why. Maybe I was excited to see my family again. I got dressed and headed out to get two more presents. 1 for Lizzie, Melissa's niece, although she seems to look an awful lot like Kenz, with my eyes. Oh well, it's just a coincidence. And a present for Kenzie. I bought a toy dog thing for Lizzie and 2 new rings from Pandora's new collection, for Kenz. The rose gold one because she mainly wears silver, so it's a change and the silver one because it's simple.

6:47. I sprinted home, wrapped the present for Lizzie and wrote on the Pandora bag 'To mckenzis, you deserve the world, from <3'. After, I drove to mum and Mel's, I quietly snuck in through the front door, to find mackenzie asleep on the sofa and Lizzie watching TV. Weird. Why would Lizzie be here if she's only Melissa's niece? And why is it Kenzie that's with her? Oh well. I slip Lizzie's present under the tree and place mackenzie's present next to her on the sofa. No one noticed me the whole time I was there, I'm assuming everyone else was still asleep. I attempted to sneak out like I did in, but the door slammed shut. Bang! Shit. I run to my car and drive off before anyone notices me.

- mackenzie -

Bang! And I was awake from the sound of the front door slamming. Wait! The front door? I notice an extra present under the tree and a Pandora bag next to me. Okay? I read the writing on the bag and instantly know who it's from 'To mckenzis, you deserve the world, from <3'. Johnny. Oh no. Either way I open the bag to find two boxes. Each one had a different ring in. The first one I opened was a rose gold heart tiara ring and the second was a simple silver zigzag ring. I slip the silver one on a finger, then stack the tiara one on top. I examined my hand. Cute. Even after 5 years he still knows me so well.
'It can't be from Johnny, you stupid cow. He doesn't care about you after what you did to him.' Said the voices. A single tear rolled down my cheek. I tried to sleep again so I didn't disturb Lizzie. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't sleep. So I checked the time. 7:06. Right, it was a reasonable time for everyone to be awake do I let Lizzie loose.

"Lizzie?" I say.

"Yes, mummy." She says.

"You wanna go wake everyone up?" I ask.

"Yeah!" She screams, running up the stairs. First she goes back into our room to wake Maddie and Lauren up. Yes at mum and mer's we still all share rooms. And yes since me and Johnny broke up I still have my insomnia. It's only so bad some nights and on them nights Lizzie sleeps with me, it helps but not as much as Johnny did.

"Auntie Lolo! Auntie Madz! IT'S CHRISTMAS!" She shouts as she walks in the room. Lauren and Maddie instantly jump out of bed and do a little happy dance. Omg I swear they are like children. After we wake up Maddie o, Darian, mum and Mer. We all sat around the tree and watched lizzie open her presents before we opened ours.

"Kenz, where did you get those new rings?" Maddie z asks.

"Um, what rings?" I say playing stupid.

"Kenzie, stop being an idiot and tells us." Lauren says.

"Uh, I don't know?" I say.

"Kenzie?" Maddie o warns.

"I mean I have an idea but I'm not entirely sure." I say.

"Kenzie how don't you know?" Lauren asks.

"Because they didn't write their name on the bag." I say.

"Where's the bag?" Both Maddies ask at the same time.

"By the sofa." I say, looking down. Darian walks over the the sofa, picks the bag up and reads the writing.

"John was here?" She asks.

"Apparently!" I say.

"He's on tour tho?" Maddie o says. Lauren's face starts to go red.

"Laur what do you know?" Darian says.

"Nothing! Why the fuck would I know anything?" She says, starting to get agitated.

"Lauren Anne Orlando! Watch your language young lady!" Mer scolds.

"Mum! I'm twenty four!" Lauren sulks.

"I don't care, Lizzie has ears." Mer says.

"Oh right. Sorry Kenz." Lauren apologises to me.

"Nothing she hadn't heard before." I say, honestly not that fussed.

"Anyways how did Johnny get them here because I know full well they're off him?" Darian says.

"I don't know." I reply, fiddling with my fingers.

"How can you be certain they are from John though?" Lauren asks.

"It's his handwriting, it says 'to mckenzis' and he's the only person that calls Kenzie that and it says 'from <3' and only Johnny would sign it with that." Darian says.

"Awh!" Maddie z says.

"Yeah that is kinda cute." Lauren says.

"Are you on about Johnny Orlando, as in my favourite singer?" Lizzie asks, curiously.

"No sweetie, someone else." Mer says, her voice cracking mid way. I mouth a sorry to her as I know it breaks her heart not being able to let Lizzie know about her father.

[961 words]
Gonna be a part 2 to this chapter uploaded soon!