Chapter 43

My training with Elder Mike began as soon as I got up the day after we returned home. I've been training with him for a few days now and so far, it's actually not all that bad. We've been keeping to a set schedule and after not having that for a long time it's a little hard to get used to again.

I just finished todays session with Elder Mike, he says that I seem to be catching onto it pretty quickly, which I'm very glad for.

"Now however, I'm in my room getting ready for the pack gathering that we're having tonight. We are finally going to announce that I'm the princess.

So far, we've managed to keep this a secret from everybody, which now that I think about it wasn't exactly very hard. We have even had to keep it from Myra, mostly because we knew that she would never be able to actually keep this a secret.

Once I'm finished getting ready, I take a look at myself in the mirror, just to make sure that I look appropriate.

I decided to keep it simple. I'm wearing a pair of black jeans and a forest green blouse with black boots.

Deciding that I look completely fine, I take a seat on the bed and try to remain calm. I am a small bit worried about what the packs reactions to this will be. 

As I'm too busy worrying about what will happen, I fail to notice another presence in the room.

"Riley?" Dante says hesitantly. I jump from where I'm sat on the bed and turn to face Dante.

"Jesus, you almost gave me a heart attack!" I reply holding my hand over my heart. Dante lets out a light chuckle and walks over to me.

"Sorry about that," He kisses me gentle but pulls away all too soon. "You shouldn't be so worried, just like it was with the Alphas, everybody is going to be over the moon about this news."

I nod my head knowing that he's probably right. Taking a minute, I try to settle my nerves before smiling up at Dante.

"I'm okay now." I say

"Then let's go."

Dante takes hold of my hand and leads me outside and to the pack house, where the gathering is going to be held. We arrive there pretty quickly and walk through the pack house to the back garden. As I look out at the crowd gathered in the back garden, I get flashbacks of the day I was introduced to the pack as Luna.

I smile remembering how welcoming the pack was to me. I just hope that they react with the same level of enthusiasm as when they find out about me being the princess.

Before we walk out in front of the pack, we meet up with Elder Mike.

"How are you feeling Riley?" He asks.

"Not too bad, not as bad the introduction to all the Alphas and Lunas." I reply, still feeling a little nervous.

"That's okay, the reaction of your subjects would be important to you. As the future queen you'll require the support of the people that you rule over."

I smile in thanks for the encouragement form him. Elder Mike returns the smile.

"You ready?" Dante asks giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.

I nod and he leads me out onto the make shift stage in front of the pack.

Everyone looks a little confused and curious as to what this is all about.

As I look around, I see Emily looking at me with a knowing expression.

"I know that all of you are wondering what we have called you all here, and the reason for this is we have some great news." Dante says. He pauses for a second before continuing. "The rumours of the princess being alive are true and she has been found."

The pack members fall into a shocked silence, before everyone starts urgently talking amongst themselves. It continues for a few seconds before Dante demands for silence.

"There's more... the princess has decided to accept her role and will be coronated in just under two months."

My nerves increase slightly as Dante continues to avoid announcing the identity of the princess.

Just before Dante can continue talking, a pack member speaks up.

"Who is she?" They ask.

"Well... I can happily say that the princess is none other than Riley, your Luna."

A series of gasps ring out.

I look round at everybody and try to get an idea of their opinions on this.

"I understand that you're all shocked about this and we have Elder Mike here to help explain everything and talk about what will happen.

Dante and I take a step back and allow Elder Mike to talk to the pack.

As Elder Mike talks to them I see them begin to calm down a little.

Once he's finished speaking, Dante moves forward again to say one last thing to the pack members.

"As Elder Mike said, there is going to be a lot going on in the next few months and I trust that all of you will do your best to help things along. However, right now I think we should all celebrate!"

The pack cheers and I smile, realising that Dante was right. I really did have nothing to worry about in the end.

Me, Dante and Elder Mike get down off the stage and join the rest of the pack in the celebrations.  

Whilst walking around, I spot Emily coming towards me.

When she reaches me, she pulls me into a tight hug.

"I knew I was right, and I'm so glad that you've decided to take your place as queen." She says, a bright smile lighting up her face. "You'll definitely do just as good a job as your parents."

"You were right, and maybe I should have reacted a little differently but everything has turned out very well. And thank you, I can only hope that I will do at least half of the amazing job they did when they were alive." I reply, letting an equally enthusiastic smile take over my face.

————————————————

Thanks for reading!

Vote

Comment

Share :)