Chapter 2

(A/N): Hi👋🏻 please comment it gives me motivation.

Originally published January 14th, 2019

~

As you sat on Blue Diamond's arm rest, you kept taking short, nervous glances at each of her blue features. Her arm flexed every now and again, and every time you saw it, the ship moved slightly.

You felt a knot in your stomach, and the heavy weight of uncertainty made your shoulders sore. Your head began to hurt from thinking of all the ways they could interrogate you about Steven and the Crystal Gems, and all the horrid ways they could hurt you.

You decided to spark up a conversation with the massive blue figure sitting next to you to try and ease your racing thoughts, since you figured you guys were gonna be here for a while.

"So..." You anxiously trailed off. "What will the zoo be like?" You questioned, your voice slightly faltering.

You fought to steady it. She seemed surprised that you spoke up. She turned to you, seeming to come out of a daze as she raised her opposite hand.

"Well..." She looked up in thought. "The humans are very polite and the habitat is beautiful...though I must say, the Agate who guards the sanctuary is quite...um.." She trailed off, trying to find the right way to put her words.

You decided to help finish her sentence as the air was becoming filled with awkwardness very quickly. The way she spoke of this supposed Agate gem sounded like she didn't carry many feelings of fondness for her. Was the Agate clumsy? Was she loud? Was she...

"Annoying?" You asked questionably.

Her tone of voice used to describe the Agate seemed almost insufferable. You hoped you at least assumed right. Her tone could mean so many different things.

She let out a light gasp as her aqua blue eyes widened in the slightest. Her mouth quickly changed to a smile as she began to struggle to hold back a small laugh.

"Hmph!" She choked a bit as she put her large hand over her mouth, then letting a stream of light giggles fall from her lips.

"I suppose you could put it that way..." She looked down at you as her free hand pulled away from her mouth and gestured to her Blue Pearl, who was at the ships control panel.

"Pearl, could you take control of the ship for a while? I want to speak with the human." She quietly commanded as once again her elegant voice filled your ears.

The Blue Pearl turned around as she gave a salute, crossing her arms over her chest to form a diamond insignia, her hands bending. You remembered how Peridot used to salute like that.

"Yes, my Diamond." She whispered with compliance.

She really was shy wasn't she? You smiled to yourself as you looked at the bashful Pearl, her hair permanently covering her face. She definitely had the skinny, lengthy body of a Pearl. You wondered if Pearl knew this other Pearl.

Blue Diamond's arm was no longer encased with the sky blue aura, known as the other controls, as she brought it from the other side of the chair to you.

Your eyes widened as you went stiff. Her hands once again picked you up, almost in a cradle like fashion as she brought her elbows to rest on her knees.

You desperately wanted to ask more about the zoo. You spoke up again.

"To be honest, I thought the zoo would be more of an exhibit on display or something." You exclaimed, trying to laugh off some of your fear.