Chapter 3

(A/N): Here ya go BellowDiamond1 you are my child. And I feel like the Sneak Peek is necessary:)

Edit: It was.

Originally published May 27th, 2019

~

   You felt cradled as if you were in a cushioned baby bed, rocking back and forth softly in an array of sky blue. The soft skin of a hand caressed your body like a warm blanket as it enveloped you. Your chest rose and fell quietly and softly. It felt as if you were back home, in your own bed in Beach City.

It felt so peaceful.

"...huhhh..." A slight noise stirred you awake, but just barely enough for you to open your eyes and look upward.

What you saw surprised you.

   Blue Diamond's head was slightly leaned forward as her posture was slouched over your much smaller figure. Her hands were placed low in her lap with you still tightly held in them, almost in a mother like way, her fingertips curled inward to keep you from falling.

   Her big, yet beautiful eyes laid closed, her thick eyelashes covering her lids almost perfectly. At this angle, you could see the dark, permanent indigo shadows under her eyes. Light snoring emitted from her plump, dark lips as they were slightly parted.

Her snoring must've been what woke you.

   You smiled in contempt as a light flare ignited in your cheeks at her innocent demeanor. She seemed so intimidating before, but now, she seemed like a little kid.

   You tossed and turned in her grasp as that seemed to pull her it of her sleeping trance.

"Huh? Oh, stars," Blue Diamond, startled, sat up as her posture slowly corrected itself, or as much as possible considering her posture was naturally slumped over, as her cloak shifted.

"What happened, human?" She looked down at you with a sense of bewilderment since she probably didn't know what sleep was in the slightest bit.

   In the thousands of years she must've been alive, she had never known sleep. She probably didn't know a lot of things. It was intriguing, but in a way, sad.

   Her eyes showed slight concern, either for you or what happened to her, but you couldn't tell. It was clear that her body language showed eagerness to know.

   You simply stared up at her as a cheeky smile spread across your face.

"It's called sleep, My Diamond." You giggled as her eyes turned to diamonds gleaming with excitement and curiosity.

"What is this so called sleep?" She held you closer to her face as you could almost reach out to touch her nose.

"Well...it's...a little hard to explain, but it's basically a way of relaxing, or calming down and forgetting your troubles! A way to recharge your body, almost." You explained.

   Blue Diamond's face changed into one of relief, then to one you couldn't quite read. It made you concerned.

Her rich voice broke through your thoughts. "Well, I'm glad I was able to participate in human activities..." She trailed off.

   Her face began to show the sadness she hid behind her throat on a daily routine. You noticed her face starting to crinkle up as the corners of her eyes welled up with unshed tears the size of sparkling lakes. Her lashes began to stick together as you shot up as quickly as you could to aid her.

"Buh-Blue Diamond," You quieted your voice, "What's wrong?" You asked, panic laced in your voice as you didn't want to see her upset, or worse, angry.

"Oh nothing, human..." Her gaze trailed down to the royal blue floor of the ship, now tears flowed down her cheeks warmly.

   You felt your stomach slightly drop as you didn't necessarily know how to console her, much less stop her from crying.

"It's just..." She let out a sigh as more tears flowed down her cheeks and dripped down her face and to the ground.

"I came to Earth in the first place to mourn..." She seemed bashful to admit it, almost ashamed. She sighed.

"What did you want to mourn exactly?" You hesitantly asked, afraid to make her even more upset, or worse, angry at you for asking.

"Huh? Oh...I-I came to mourn-" She stopped. "A dear friend..." More tears fell down her blue skin as you now had to keep them from falling on you. Her tears were huge.

In one huge rush, a colossal Blue aura suddenly faded into your line of sight, obscuring everything with a vast array of sea blue. She was full on weeping at this point as you couldn't stand to see her so upset. You didn't know why you felt obligated, much less want, to comfort her in the best way possible, but something told you it was bound to happen.

Something else sad it felt just right too.

"I'm sorry." You muttered. The statement lingered in the air as you couldn't hold back on Blue Diamond any longer. You stood up and looked at her as she seemed to catch on to your staring. She turned to face you as she leaned her face closer to yours in an attempt to get down to your level.

You outstretched your arms as you let yourself fall on her face, trusting her to catch you as she did. The palms of your hands rested on her cheek as you leaned your head into her chin, resting it. You felt Blue Diamonds audible gasp echo throughout the control level of her hand ship.

Had she ever received affection like this before? It looked like she hadn't in a long time.

"Oh, adorable (Y/N). So silly, so small..." You looked up at her, your head still half buried in her chin as she started smiling and giggling. It was an adorable sight to see. Wait, did she call me by my name?

"Hey, you said my name!" You voiced your thoughts as her words caught you by surprise. She looked dow at you, still holding her smile.

"Oh! I guess I did! (Y/N)!" She giggled quite loudly as she let out a sigh of contempt and calmness. She continued to giggle as she let out the childish and bubbly side of her you didn't think existed.

"(y/N)! (YYYYYY/N)? Heh, it's such a funny sounding name! Humans are so creative!" She laughed as you decided to laugh with her. It was nice.

A small and quiet voice soon interrupted your exchange followed by silent footsteps.

"My Diamond, my deepest apologies to interrupt your exchange with the human, but we are ever closer to our destination." Blue Pearls soft and introverted voice quietly interrupted your laughter.

"Oh...ok. Pearl, please do the honor of landing the hand ship so I may escort the human too the zoo." Blue Diamond switched back to her normal self in no time, forgetting that she ever even laughed in the first place.

You sighed as you prepared for landing, sitting on Blue Diamonds lap patiently waiting with her.

"We're here..."

(A/N): Hey guys! Sorry I tried to fish out a chapter but her you go! 1085 words!