Chapter One

Annalisa's POV

       "Ann... Ann! WAKEY WAKEY! IF YOU DON'T WAKE UP THIS INSTANT I'M GOING TO HAVE TO TICKLE YOU TO DEATH," Benji screams.

       My body is just begging me to kick Benjamin out of my house and hide myself under the covers for another five hours, but sadly, I have to get up because it's the first official day of senior year with Benji as my boyfriend. I've known Benji since I was only three years old and we instantly became inseperable best friends, until this summer when he asked me if I would be his girlfriend. Our parents were super excited and were talking about how me and Benji were destined to be together. From the moment we met they knew we were mates, though I have this constant doubt in my mind that if we are truly mates, our connection should be stronger. But I can push that aside for another day.

       "Okay, Benjamin, I'm awake. You can get off of me now," I grumble.

       "Someone doesn't sound too happy to see me. I can help you with that though," he whispers.

       Right then I can feel his hot breath on my neck, sending me shivers down my spine. As he starts to nibble on my ear I look over at the clock and realize that if I don't get Benji off me and out of bed right now, we are going to be late. All of my tiredness rushes out of my body as the adrenaline kicks in. I hop out of my bed and start to frantically get ready, not really paying too much attention to what outfit I choose because I'm naturally goregous in anything I wear. Not being cocky or anything, but most werewolves have stunning looks, though my parents always say I possess a rare beauty. Anyway, do you know when you have that feeling you're forgeting something but just can't seem to remember what? Weel, I'm having that feeling right now. OH, WAIT. BENJI! I look down at my hardwood floor to see Benji lying there with a pained expression.

       "Thanks for throwing me on the floor. Real nice, Ann. Real nice." He groaned.

       "OH MY GOD, I'M SO SORRY. I COMPLETELY FORGOT."

       "You always seem to be forgetting lately."

       For a second I think I see pain and despair flash in his eyes but almost instantly he covers it with a more relaxed, calm look. I finish getting ready and put on a little bit of eye makeup to make my blue eyes stand out, though they already do in contrast to my black hair. Once I'm done, I look in the mirror. Long wavy black hair that comes to my waist, piercing blue eyes, dark wash skinny jeans, and a white ruffled top. Damn, I look amazing. Looking at Benji, I can tell he's thinking the same exact thing.

        BEEEP! BEEEP!

       I look out the window, only to see the school bus driver honking with an impatient look on his face. Guess that means I'll be skipping yet another breakfast. I grab a hold of Benji's hand and run downstairs, shouting bye to my parents. 

       As I get into the school bus, I can feel everyone's gaze on myself and Benji's intertwined fingers. I see mostly shock from the faces of the boys, and jealous rage from the girls, which is expected. Benji is a werewolf after all, meaning he is one of the hottest guys at our school. We head to our normal seats at the back of the bus and then the gossip starts.

       "I feel like a celebrity right now with all of these people ogling at us," Benji says. 

       "I know, I can picture the headlines now 'Riverside's HOTTEST COUPLE'," I say with a chuckle.

       "Right, because you wouldn't be dating me if I wasn't hot."

       I see that sadness in his eyes again, but as we arrive he quickly changes the topic.