Perspective #4

"Hey, Kennedy, wait up for a second!" 

I turned around and saw Leena walking towards me, interrupting me from Mason and I's daily routine. Everyday, after school, he would go straight to KAM's (the garden, but Mason liked to call it KAM's as in Kennedy and Mason's) while I would find something for us to do and then meet him there. We'd been doing this for the past week and a half, and I think that it's a pretty good system. Any system with Mason is a good one. He's Mason.

Ah, Mason. I sighed just thinking about him. He was the most amazing person I'd ever met. So what if he was a boy? He's still awesome. I don't know if you'd call us boyfriend and girlfriend, however. Yeah, we 'made out' a lot but it was weird. I predict that after high school is over, we'll go our seperate ways and never speak to each other again, so why not have fun with whatever this is.

I also didn't know if anyone knew about our relationship. I mean, it wasn't like we were trying to hide it, it's just that no one asked. And if they did, because of what I said before, I wouldn't know what to call us.

My friends did know that I was spending time with someone else during lunch, though. I mean, I had sat with them everyday since freshamn year basically. They hadn't said anything about it, but I'm sure that it's coming.

"What's up?" I asked her and leaned on one of the tables.

She looked at me. "So, you've been hanging out with Mason more, right?" She asked. I nodded. "So, you're closer, I guess."

I nodded again. "Yeah," I said slowly, having no idea where this was going.

"Well, I'm going to tell you a secret, but you can't tell anyone," she said.

I nodded my head, now sort of figuring out what was happening here. "I won't."

"So, I sort of like Mason," she said. 

I nodded my head and tried to make my expression seem surprised when everyone on the team knew about her crush. Except for Mason.

"Yeah, so can you find out if he likes me?" She asked.

I felt a pang of possessiveness run through me, and it really surprised me. Why was I feeling possesive over him? 

"Um, sure," I said and tried to smile. 

"Thanks," she said and hugged me. "Maybe, because of you, he'll ask me to prom! I would die if he did."

I forced a laugh. "Yeah, when is prom anyway?" I asked.

"It's in, like, two and a half months," she said.

"Then why is everyone so hyped up about it already?" I asked.

She gave me a look that clearly said, "I cannot believe you just said that." Then she shook her head at me and walked away.

I shrugged my shoulders and walked out of the yearbook room and towards KAM's. I didn't even get to open the door before Mason was coming out of it and turning me around.

"I left my camera at home, we need to go back and get it," he said, leading me out of the main entrance of the school.

I gasped. "How did you leave your camera?" I asked, shocked. Mason's camera was his life. He always had it with him, somehow. I didn't think it was possible for him to not think about it every ten minutes.

"I was thinking," he said and shrugged.

"What could possible occupy your brain to the point where you forget your camera at home?" I asked incrediously.