f o u r

It was midnight again. Harry couldn't sleep again. His visions had worsened, he couldn't help but feel sick. However, tonight's dream included stone grey eyes, unblinking, enchanting, calling Harry forward; leading him into a black hole, leading him into his demise. He awoke with a fright but instantly silenced himself; this is a first he thought to himself; usually his visions had nothing to do with close up facial features.

His mind felt jumbled, clogs not working, he found himself searching for solace. Annoyed that he couldn't express his true feelings to Snuffles, incredulous at Umbridge being High Inquisitor, bitter at Dumbledore's distance, agitated by every little thing, even Ron's achievements, he didn't know what to do with himself. So there he was, with the Marauders Map and Invisibility Cloak, in the dark corridor, again.

What was he looking for? He didn't know.

Things took an abrupt turn.

He didn't hide himself quick enough when he heard two voices grow in volume, their footsteps coming closer. Draco and Pansy spotted him; flustered, he tried to run but Draco's wand shot Harry's out of his hand. Harry ran to grab it and hide his possessions, Pansy snickered at his state, Draco shushed them.

"You were trying to spy on us, Potter?" Pansy raised her eyebrows. Harry just glared, hoping to not let his anger get the best of him. He turned around to walk away but Draco repeated his earlier action. Harry fumed, charging towards Draco and pinning him against the wall. Harry pointed his wand underneath Draco's neck, eyes aflame. Green eyes locked with grey. Grey.

Harry jumped back.
What? No. What? Malfoy? Harry refused to believe the answer staring him in the face; no way, it wasn't possible, why would he be dreaming about Malfoy's eyes?!
——
"Uh, Potter?" Draco inquired. He was smirking, albeit slightly confused at Harry's behaviour. Harry just stepped backwards, he kept retreating until he knocked back into the wall. Eyes still closed.

Draco was amused. He stepped closer, till they were a breath apart. Harry's voice came out slightly timid "sod off Malfoy." Draco chuckled, his breath blew onto Harry's face.
"Open your eyes, Potter." Draco said, authority in his tone. Harry tried to slip away but Draco pinned his arm up.
What was happening? Harry's mind was racing.
What am I doing? Draco didn't know what his body was up to.

A cough caused Draco to sprint apart from Harry. Pansy had a look of bemusement on her face. "Um, shall we get going Draco?"
Draco rushed off after Pansy, leaving a very confused, slightly hot, Harry Potter, alone.