(Maybe) Just a Prank?

Mabel Pines' P.O.V

My brother's breathing suddenly hitched, and his arms tensed for some weird reason. Standing from the chair, I walked up to him and peered over his shoulder. All I got from the letter was blue ink. I couldn't understand the words because Dipper moved too fast. 

"Whoa!" I yelped, jumping backwards, "you okay?" 

Dipper's eyes were wide. His hands were shaking. "M-Mabel..." He whispered. 

He wordlessly shoved the crumpled paper into my hands and sat in the nearest chair he could find. Confused, and a bit freaked out, I glanced at the words and I could feel my blood turn cold. The only person who would call Dipper 'Pine Tree' was...that idiotic triangle. 

I tried to come up with a logical excuse, but the only one that came to mind was that it was a prank. Gulping, I suddenly shouted: "It's a prank!" Saying it out loud made it sound lamer than ever before. Dipper raked his fingers through his curls, sighing. 

"What if it's not a prank? Nobody else has called me 'Pine Tree' since...since..." 

He couldn't spit out the word. 

"...since Weirdmageddon." I finished, making my brother wince. He nodded bluntly. 

Dipper stood abruptly and looked at me. "I'm scared," he mumbled, "how about we just call off the trip?" That sounded like absolute nonsense! It's been two years, and I've been wanting to spend time with my family and friends in Gravity Falls! 

"No!" I blurted, instantaneously slapping my hand over my mouth. A flicker of anger flashed in my brother's eyes. "I-I mean...no thanks. It-it might be a prank. A terrible joke." 

"How do you know?" Dipper snarled, suddenly getting angry. "How do you know it's a joke, Mabel? Meeting a demon who possessed, tricked, and nearly killed me 2 years ago is not happening! Not to mention the scars from those damn forks!" He showed me his arm, which had tiny - but visible - scars from when Bill possessed him and jabbed utensils into his arms and hands. For a moment, I thought he was finished, but he kept venting it all out. 

"What about the nightmares then and now? Watching you die over and over...your blood on my hands...the weapon poised at my gut? The extra eyes, the creepy claws, my own suicide?" 

As soon as he had started, he'd stopped. Sitting down again, Dipper tried calming down. I was stunned into silence. I was naive enough to think that Dipper was having the normal set of nightmares, but I was wrong. His nightmares were completely out of my league of imagination. 

"I'm...I'm sorry, Dipper." I said softly. 

"Whatever," Dipper scoffed, "it's not like you ever helped me through this hellhole of a life." 

Soon, I was alone.