Chapter Three

Colton Haynes as Sean James ^^

I didn't leave the house today. I don't know what I would do. This isn't my home. Monica has eagerly tried, but it's hard when I can hear them all laughing and naturally having fun

As I was playing around on my phone, I hear a gentle knock on the guest room door. "It's Jackson. Can I come in?" The familiar voice belonging to the knock on the door respectfully asks.

"Yeah, come in," I reply, instantly turning my phone off and sitting up on the bed as he walks in. "what's up?" I promptly ask as he stops at the edge of my bed.

"So, there's this party tonight that my mate Sean is throwing. His parents have gone out of town, and he's celebrating the hockey scholarship he got." Jackson explains eagerly to me, running a hand through his hair before continuing. "Do you want to come? I thought it would be a good chance for you to meet some people before you start school on Monday."

Absorbing Jackson's words for a moment, I think about his invite. A night out would be fun, it could bring some form of normalcy into my life again. "I would love to." I finally reply to him, naturally offering him a grateful smile.

"Awesome!" Jackson promptly returns the smile as he claps his hands. "We will leave in a few hours. I'll go tell mum." He quickly adds before leaving the room, gently closing the door behind him.

Playing with the ends of my hair, I walk over to the bathroom and fish out the antiseptic cream from the cabinet above the sink. Carefully washing my hands, I gently squeeze a dollop of it onto my finger after drying my hands. Thoughtfully examining my hands, I apply a little bit to each cut that was still there from the incident the other day.

Ignoring the stinging pain as they have not completely scabbed over, I finish rubbing it in and look down at my knees. The visible bruises had now turned a dark brown, with flecks of purple mixed in. Looks like I'm wearing jeans tonight. I think to myself, letting out a sigh before washing my face and starting my makeup.

Once I had finished my face and eye makeup, I swipe my bag from my bed and search for my lipstick. After being unable to find it, I release an audible groan and head downstairs. Spotting Monica sitting down on the couch next to Leon with his arm around her, I slowly approach them.

"Hey Monica, I can't find my lipstick. Would I be able to borrow one from you?" I quietly ask her, feeling bad for asking as she's already given me so much.

Monica instantly flashes me a radiant smile as she replies enthusiastically. "Of course! Just go into the bathroom in my room, and there's a gold makeup bag next to the sink. Feel free to use whatever."

Returning her smile, I thank her and run back upstairs. Remembering where her room was, I walk inside and head for the bathroom. When I enter, I spot the bag exactly where she said it was. Unzipping it, I carefully look through her lipsticks and end up choosing a light pink lipstick.

Walking out of the bathroom, I make my way to the door. Just as I was about to open the door, something catches my eye. A framed photo sitting on a chest of drawers. Slowly walking over to it, I delicately pick it up.

It's a photo of a much younger Monica and a little girl at a carnival. Monica had a huge smile on her face and she had a little girl who shared a similar smile, sitting on her hip. They both looked so happy.

Knowing precisely that that little girl was me, I feel a few tears prick at my eyes. I know that Monica was my mother before I was taken, but I had never actually seen it before. It was something that was very hard to take in.

Putting the frame back down where it was, I blinked the tears away and left her room.

- - -

When Jackson and I arrive at Sean's, it was clear that the party was already in full swing.