"Watch it, Girl." -- Ace

I was greeted to the casino by a failed key card.

"It's not verified," the bouncer said, handing it back to me. He pointed away from the building. "No entry."

Oh man. "Come on!" I tried for an easy smile but dug my nails into my palm. "Do a dude a favor!"

He straightened his back, and boy was he tall. And big, and ready for a throwdown. "No entry," he repeated, pushing up his sleeves.

As much as I loved a good fight, I really didn't want to become part of the pavement tonight. I raised my hands in surrender. "Okay man." I turned back around, and almost ran right into a woman heading in, her hair was a mulled wine color, cut short and wavy.

"Watch it." She said, no emotions as she sidestepped me, crisply heading inside.

Wonderful.

"Okay, think," I muttered to myself, heading around the building, cursing my suit. I cranked my neck upwards to gaze at the building, making my way to the back.

A car pulled up beside me, and a man in a brown suit walked out, making almost no noise. He was big, muscle big, and was very imposing with his impeccable blond hair and piercing blue eyes. They seemed to be empty except a shimmer of something. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I debated my options on how I was going to handle this. If I needed the key card; I'd have to get close. People of the merit he is would notice if someone bumped into them by 'accident.' I sighed, looked like seduction was still on the table. Not that I was opposed, I just didn't do my research on his... character.

I was turning to approach him when a ding went off in my pocket, and I pulled out a small device. Slapping myself in the forehead, I waited for the man to turn the corner.

One of the last things the lackey gave me was a tracker implanted in Everest's coat. I tracked his movements as he walked through the casino, his figure a red dot on a virtual landscape. His dot began to rise-I assumed he was on the elevator- and headed towards a room.

I smiled to myself and looked up at the windows. The red dot stopped, and I shoved it back in my pocket. Sorry suit. Time to climb a building.

Grabbing ahold of a pipe, I began to climb my way up the side of the building. Rather awkwardly I might add. Not that you needed to know that.

I made it to the first windowsill. Stepping on to the windowsill, I almost slipped. Looking around, I began to take off my shoes, and then my socks, I struggled on where to put them before I placed them in my jacket, buttoning it up in hopes they wouldn't fall.

Guess what they did. Drumroll....... they fell.

Sighing, I threw my socks down as well and continued making my way up, using the pole and resting on the windowsills, looking out to the moon, at the people. It's crazy how nobody looks up.

I tried to be as silent as possible, but I'd mess up somewhere I knew. I padded onto a window to check the tracker when I heard someone's door open, directly behind me.

I inhaled sharply and looked around. The pole was too thin for me to use anymore, and the nearest window was farther than I could jump. So I did the rational solution. I dropped down and hung beneath the eve.

Was that a dumb move? Yes, yes it was.

Did I regret it? Yes! Yes, I did.

As soon as I started to dangle, I felt my arms start burning, my grip falling. I closed my eyes and strained, listening for any signal they were gone. Sadly, as luck would have it, they continued walking about.

The second thought came to my brain much later. How was I going to get back up?

Focusing on not dying, I stupidly looked down. Oof. Well, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks a lot, freaky disco crystal.

I closed my eyes when I heard a thud, a body hitting the floor. My eyes snapped open and I looked up, only seeing the bricks that were sticking out of the wall. It came from the room I was trying to avoid. Looking to the side, I saw the pole. Well, if I'm going to die, at least let it be by trying to be as cool as Ethan Hunt. Or James Bond. Either works.

I tightened my grip and started to swing my body back and forth. I let go with my right hand, outstretched to reach the pole. My fingers brushed the pole and then fell back to my side. Dang.

My fingers holding onto the windowsill began to slip and I closed my eyes. And I let go.

My conscious decided to make a dramatic entrance into my life, "ARE YOU STUPID?" I guess that saved me, my adrenaline kicked in and I grabbed the pole, almost yanking the arm out of its socket. I yelped and pain shot up my arm. Okay, scratch that, I did yank my arm out of its socket. Fun.

Grabbing the pole with my other hand, I dug out the tracker with the bad arm, gritting my teeth at the pain. That's the exact moment I realized I was actually stupid. The window that I had been so keen on avoiding was Everest Jacobson's window.

I ignored my pain and started to climb again, hoisting myself up onto the ledge, I crouched, and I may or may not have done a Spiderman pose. I peered inside, the curtains tied to the side. A girl with mulled wine hair was inside, calmly tying up Mr. Jacobson.

I felt myself grow angry. "You," I muttered under my breath. "The watch it girl." This stupid girl wasn't going to cost me my payment. She began to search around the room, her amber and green eyes searching intently, sweeping the floor, seeming to look beyond.

Then she looked straight at me.

<3