#16 Stay

Michael:These nights never seem to go as plan. I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." Michael slurred as he leaned on your shoulder.

"It's okay Michael. I'm glad you called me." You said as you grabbed your spare key to Michael's apartment and unlocked the door.

You led a very drunk Michael inside and locked the door behind you.

"No it's not. I keep ruining everything with you." Michael sat down on the couch and put his head in his hands. It's true that he had called you when you were at dinner with friends because he was drunk and needed a ride, but you didn't mind.

"No you don't Michael." You sat next to him on the couch. He laid his head in your lap. Your hands ran through his lilac hair, and he closed his eyes. "Are you tired?" He nodded. "Okay let's get you to bed."

"No I don't wanna move." He whined and looked up at you. You patted his forehead and carefully stood up. You pulled him to his feet and gently pushed him towards the stairs.

"Go upstairs, and I'll be up in a minute." You said. Michael walked towards the stairs, almost tripping up his feet, and trudged up to his bedroom. You grabbed a glass of water and a bottle of advil and followed him up.

He collapsed onto his bed face down. You rolled your eyes at him and put down the water and pills.

"You certainly don't make this easy for me." You said and pushed him onto his back. He kicked off his shoes and took off his jeans. He climbed under the covers and snuggled into the blankets.

"Okay Michael, I'll be back tomorrow morning to check on you." You said and started to walk away.

"Wait Y/N!" You turned back to face the bed. "I don't want you to leave." He patted the space in the bed beside him. You debated it for a quick second and then walked back over. You climb under the blanket next to Michael.

"Y/N?" He asked. You look over at the drunk boy.

"Yes Michael?"

"I love you." Your heart skips a beat before you compose yourself.

"I love you too." Obviously he didn't mean it like that.

"No, I love love you." He put the emphasis on the first love.

"You're drunk. You won't even remember this tomorrow." You sighed.

"No,I love you." He said and looked up at you. "I loved you yesterday and the day before and all the days before that. I love you today and tomorrow and forever. I am in love with you, and I always will be." He reaches up and grabs your hand in his.

"I love you too." You said quietly.

Luke: Oh, won't you stay with me cause you're all I need

As you lay side by side you glanced over at the boy beside you. His hair was completely messed up, and his lips were swollen. Hickeys dotted his neck. His chest rose and fell rapidly as he caught his breath. With a small sigh you rose to a sitting position. You started to stand when you felt a hand wrap around your wrist.

"Y/N where are you going" Luke asked. His eyebrows knitted in concern. You were taken aback. Normally you left after, and he said nothing of it.

"I'm going home?" It came out as more of a question.

"Why don't you stay with me?" He asked in a soft voice. You lay back down hesitantly. Luke pulled you closer and wrapped his arm around you. You shifted so you were facing him.

"Why haven't you stayed before?" He turned to face you as well, but he kept his arm securely around you.

"I didn't know you wanted me to." You answered. Luke had made it clear from the beginning: no emotions. He smiled sheepishly at you.