Chapter 16

"Come on Tessa. Let's go outside." Dylan said and pulled me up from the couch.

"You don't want a cigarette Dylan?" Arthur asked as he lit his.

"Not right now."

We walked outside as Thomas denied one from Isabella. Dylan closed the door behind us and walked me to a pool chair. The men were still talking about killing Thomas and Dylan and raping me.

"You smoke?" I asked as I sat on the chair and Dylan kissed my cheek.

"Sometimes." He said and shrugged

He sat behind me and leaned back in his chair and pulled out his phone. I pulled me hair into a bun and glanced at Thomas. He was kissing Isabella as she got up off the couch. I looked away and down at the ground.

I knew he's just pretending, but it still hurt. I know I told him that we would take it slow and I knows he's mad about that. I need to be able to trust him. I need to be angry at him. Even though I just really want him to kiss and touch me.

"Fuck!" Dylan said and I turned to look at him.

A bird had pooped on his shirt and I giggled at him as he tried to take it off. He glared at me as I continued to laugh louder.

"Tessa, get me a towel."

I got up off the chair and walked to the towel rack as the door slid opened. I picked up the towel as hands wrapped around my throat. I dropped the towel as I was turned to Arthur. He was yelling at me as I grabbed at his wrist.

He pushed me backwards and I fall down. His hands were gone and I tried to catch my breath and crawl away. His hands were back and he was hovering over me.

"Dylan's here! Now it's a party!"

"¡Tu estúpida puta!" He said and dunked my head into the pool.

Water covered my face and my hands went to his wrist. But he was too strong. I began to panic, with my fear of water and the fact someone was choking me.

The water muffed the screaming and shouting of deep voices. Black spots filled my vision as the hands left my neck and I sank to the bottom of the pool. Bubbles left my mouth as I closed my eyes.

Hands grabbed my waist and I was pressed against a body. My back left the bottom of the pool and my head broke the surface. The person began to pound my back and I coughed up water.

I wrapped my arms around the person's neck and tried to catch my breath. I opened my eyes to see Dylan kneeling on the ground with his hands in the air. Two man stood by him, pointing guns at him. He was staring at me as I clung to the person holding me. Will stood behind Dylan holding a gun. When did he get here?

"What the fuck were you trying to do?" Thomas shouted and I jumped in his arms. His arms tighten around me as he moved closer to the stairs.

"She's a spy! She's a fucking spy! Probably working for the Sinaloa Cartel!" Arthur yelled.

"She's from America! That's how her and Dylan met, they went to school together. She just happens to know Spanish! You do know they teach Spanish in American, right?" Thomas said and began to rub my back.

I haven't been in his arms since that first night here in Argentina, when we had sex. I squeezed my eyes shut, too try and stop my heavy breathing and my heart was beating dangerously fast. I fist my hands into Thomas shirt as water touched my chin. I needed out of the water to calm down.

"P-please get-t me out o-of the w-water." I stuttered and gripped tighter onto his shirt.

"Doesn't matter! They have people in America! They know Dylan, she could be a slut, who was to get him. Put her way into our group, find out our plans!"

"She's not a slut!" Thomas growled as he placed me on a pool chair. "Put the guns away!"

He grabbed a towel off the towel rack and wrapped it around me. Tears streamed down my face as I gripped the towel and squeezed my eye closed as I tried to swallow. My throat was so sore and it hurt to do anything.

"Are you ok, Tessa? I'm so sorry." Thomas said and rubbed my shoulder.

I nodded my head and opened my eyes to Dylan. He kissed my shoulder and helped me up. Thomas whispered something to him and Dylan lead me away from the pool. He lead me to the stairs, that lead down to the car. We must be leaving. Dylan opened the car door and helped me into the back.

He moved away from the door and I could see Thomas coming down the stairs. His hands were curled into fists and he was stomping down the stairs and go see the anger rolling off him. My view of him was blocked as Dylan slid into the car next to me and closed the door. Thomas slid into the driver seat and started the car and drove off.

Dirt flew as the car sped down the road and spun onto the main road. Thomas continued to speed down the main road and horns began to sound. His hands were white from gripping the steering wheels so hard.

"Thomas." I said and winced in pain. "Please slow down."

I reached forward and place my hand on his shoulder. He sighed and slowed the car to a stop at a red light. His hands slid down the steering wheel and he lowered his head. Water dripped from his hair and onto my hands as he began to drive again.

"I'm sorry Tessa." He said and looked at me through the rear view mirror.

"It's not your fault." I said and slid my hand off his shoulder and leaned back against the seat.

~~~~~~~~~~

I left the bathroom and threw my wet clothes into my suitcase as Dylan had all his suitcase laying open and was stuffing clothes in them. I furrowed my eyebrows as he look up at me. He was on the phone and smiled at me.

"Tessa start packing. Thomas said that we are leaving."

"Is he coming with us?" I asked and knelt down next to my suitcase and began to fold clothes.

"Yes. I'm coming with you. I told you we are staying together." Thomas said and came into the room and glared at Dylan. "Why are you in just your underwear?"

"Was changing." Dylan said and shrugged his shoulders. "I'll talk to you later, Britt. I love you."

"Then were are your clothes?"

I shook my head and Thomas looked at me. "Is it just us three leaving?"

"Yes. I finished my job. Tessa, where is a place you never been?" Thomas asked and walked towards me. He knelt down next to me and began to help fold my clothes.

"Do you mean, just in South America?" I asked and furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"No. Just anywhere in the world. Where have you not been, but always wanted to go?"

"Costa Rica."

"Ok. Then we're off to Costa Rica." Thomas said and zipped my suitcase closed and them picked it up. "Dylan please get dressed, we need to leave."