Pops

Mae continued to tighten every muscle in her body around Sweet Pea until she began to feel the dull ache set deep into her bones. Its not that she didn't like being on a motorcycle, because that was clearly not the case seeing as she and Fangs did it all the time, it was more to do with the serpent who controlled it.

Don't get her wrong, Mae would trust her life within the capable hands of Sweet Pea, being the strong and intimidating boy that he was she was sure that he could handle any physical threat that Riverdale had to offer. She obviously didn't need his help with everything but it was nice to know that he was there.

On the other hand, Mae wondered what had happened to the old Sweet Pea. The one who couldn't care less if she had accepted his apology or not.. Hell, even him giving an apology for something that was clearly not even in the region of being his fault made Mae question everything. It was hard enough to get him to apologise for something he did in fact do. So why the sudden change?

The flirting and banter no longer seemed innocent and care free. The abnormal amount of 'alone' time the two seemed to be having seemed staged. Mae felt like a puppet and she really didn't like that. It made her resentful of the time they had spent together no matter how nice it was.

Mae rested her tired head onto sweets back as she watched as the blur of colours that seemed to mesh together as they sped by, creating a chaotic yet peaceful scene for her to melt into.

After a few minutes of this, Sweets veered to the left and gradually came to a holt. Mae unwrapped her hands from him as she took in her surroundings. Pops. She remembered the homely cafe as if it were her own house. No not 'her' own house back in England with her wretched mother. Fangs' home. A place she felt safe and valued.

Sweet Pea hopped off the bike and began walking until he noticed that Mae was no longer beside him. He turn to see Maes glossy eyes looking up at the neon lights. It wasn't a pained or sad look. It was one of remembrance. Every year, before Mae gets shipped home her closest friends gather here. Every single year. Its the one most single memory thats makes going home so hard but makes following her mothers wishes so easy. For if she was good she could return the next summer.

"Oi, Marmite. You coming or you just gonna sit on the bike?" Sweets asked as he half turned around while impatiently looking and the watch on his sleeve.

Mae narrowed her eyes at him. Does he always have to be an ass?

She swung her leg around and off of the bike while continuing to walk into his shoulder, knocking him slightly. Mae had no idea why this icy mood had filled her stomach all of a sudden. But now all she wanted to do was crawl into bed.

"Sheesh" was all Sweet Pea muttered as he swiftly ascended the steps closely behind her.

The small bell that hung above the door let out let out a sweet high pitched ring and Mae pushed the heavy door with SP standing almost clad against her back. As she entered she noticed that all the booths were empty, all that being one. This booth contained Jughead ( who she remembered from the quarry), a red headed boy, a blonde girl with a pony tail and a posh looking black haired girl with almost designer everything.

Mae suddenly became very aware that she was only wearing her pyjamas. Which consisted of sports legging and one of Fangs' oversized 80s Rock band t-shirts.

Mae turn to look at Sweets "hey, umm, do you mind if i wear your jacket?" she said while anxiously rubbing her her up and down her arms.

All sweet Pea did was smirk. " Oh this old thing?" He teased. " Actually i happen to think that you look adorable as is..."

"Sweet Pea Please..."  Mae said and played with the dog tags that hung loosely from his neck. Giving him the most innocent smile she could muster. What could she say she really wanted that jacket.

Sweet Pea rolled his eyes and began to shift the padded denim off of his shoulders and into his hands. Flexing as he did so. "Here" he muttered as if it was a meaningless gesture though keeping a smile hidden on his face and he walked to the farthest booth away from Jughead and the others. Mae slid her arms happily into the warm jacket and instantly felt more relaxed. Now she couldn't give a flying damn if anyone saw her in her pjs.

As she walked past the booth Jughead gave a small and Mae gave a small one in return. When she eventually made it to the booth that Sweet Pea had chosen he had already pulled out the menu and decided what he was going to have.

" Why did you come all the way over here. Isn't Jughead like somewhat of a Serpent?" Mar questioned and grabbed the menu from his grip.

"No and i don't like him. Hate him in fact" he sighed and looked out the window where the moonlight was cascading down onto the almost empty car park.

"Did you know them juggy?" Betty asked jughead as she dipped another fry into her vanilla milkshake and continued to pop it into her mouth.

Archies head snapped in the direction of where the two sat and confirmed that the jacket did indeed have the Serpent insignia embroidered onto it. He also noticed the multiple rings that adorned the boys fingers.

" Serpents" he muttered with resentment lacing his words.

Jughead sighed. " He is, she isn't, well at least not yet. Shes got Serpent blood" 

"Im not sure I've ever seen her before" betty said while stealing one of Veronicas untouched fry's. Ronnie stayed silent while eyeing up the new girl. Something felt off. But she couldn't place her emotions.

"Have you decided yet" Sweet Pea droned on again as he playfully threw his head back trying to imitate being inpatient. Mae had only been looking at the menu for 30 seconds

Mae placed the menu down and smiled.

"Finally" he breathed out in the same manner as before.

Please leave suggestions cause it kinda feels like this book is going nowhere.
Thanks for reading.