Chapter 15

Life Goes On So It's Time To Move On

Vy's POV:

When I got to the park, I walked over to one of the benches that are in front of the fountain and sat down to catch my breath. Sitting there panting, I looked out at the breath taking scenery in front of me and got lost in my thoughts. I was quickly pulled back out of my thoughts by a voice. "You look like you could use some water," the deep voice said from behind me. They then held out a water bottle in front of me from over my shoulder. I was ready to politely decline, until I opened my mouth only for a squeak to come out. Giving in, I accepted the water bottle and turned around to see who the voice was.

"You gotta make sure you stay hydrated," Harry said. I just nodded in response and took a drink of the water. He walked around the bench and sat down next to me. I saw him watching me from the corner of my eyes and it was beginning to make me feel uncomfortable. "Why are you ignoring me?" He asked with, what seem to be, a hint of hurt in his voice; but I continued to sit there silently. After a little, I guess Harry got tired of waiting for a response that he knew would never come, because he sighed in defeat.

Satisfied with myself, I smirked a bit and I was about to take another sip of water until the bottle was snatched from my hands. I looked over at Harry and saw him standing now with the bottle being held above his head, and out of my reach. "I promise I will give it back if you just say one word to me," he said, partly playfully and partly determined. I smirked and said, "A." Which is an article, so in my book that counts as a word. I put one hand on my hip and held the other out for my water bottle. Harry looked like he was thinking for a second and then smirking, he said, "Actually, you have to say a sentence."

'Now he is really angering me' I thought as I crossed my arms. "Harold Styles, you said one word and you're not allowed to do backsies!" I said, or some what yelled. He smirked at me, looking very satisfied with himself before he said, "Well, here's your water bottle. I just got you to say a whole sentence."

I rolled my eyes while taking back the water bottle from him and sitting down, with him sitting back down next to me. Harry suddenly got serious and turned to me saying, "But seriously, Vy. Why are you ignoring me? And don't say you haven't been, because you have ever since I found you in that tree house." I sighed and looked at him. "The day you found me in the tree house... Beforehand, I was with Daisy and we were playing spies. She was spying on two people in the kitchen when I joined her. After a minute, I realized... It was you and Louis. Basically, I heard somethings that are none of my business and I overreacted."

He looked at me slightly shocked and guilty, then quickly looked away. "But it's time for me to grow up and get over myself. So, I'll race you back home?" He smirked at me and said, "You're on!"

~Back at the house~

"Beat you!" I said, triumphantly. "Nuhuhhhh!!" Harry whined back. "Yahuhhhhh!!" I said sticking my tongue out. He laughed at my childishness before we walked inside. When we got inside, the two suitcases sitting by the door immediately caught my attention as I recognized them as Anna's.

"Anna?!" I yelled while going upstairs to check if she was in our room. When I opened the door, I spotted her laying on her bed staring up at the ceiling. I went over to her bed and sat down on the edge of it. "Anna, love," I said softly, worried she may brake if I don't. "What's wrong? Why is your luggage packed and by the door?" She didn't say anything, but she sat up slowly and took a deep breath. Finally after a minute, she spoke up saying, "The school called... My absences have been unexcused... And if I'm not there by this Friday... Then..." Tears started rolling down her cheeks. I reached over and wrapped her in a hug in attempt to comfort and calm her.

We sat there like that for what felt like forever. She finally sat up and wiped her tears before she finished what she was saying before. "If I'm not there by this Friday then they have no other choice..." She took a deep breath before whispering the last part. "They'll be required to call my father and report to him my absence from school." After hearing this, I had to take a minute to process what she had just said. Today is Wednesday. So, if she isn't there in two days... "Okay. It's okay, Anna. Just let me pack my things and then we can go. Alright?" She nodded, but kept her eyes focused on her hands that are sitting on her lap.

It didn't take long to pack up all my things, mostly because I didn't bring much. Ten minutes later, Anna and I walked downstairs both of us carrying one of my suitcases. We placed my rolling suitcase next to Anna's before going into the kitchen to find everyone.

"Auntie J?" She looked up from the spaghetti and saw my duffle bag. Her expression quickly changed to concern. "Is everything okay? Why do you have your duffle?" At this all my cousins and all the boys spun around looking shocked. "Umm.. We have to go back home. We have school and we've been marked as unexcused absences. We were going to eat dinner with you all and then be on our way. Do you mind writing us a note?" "Not at all, honey. Louis, can you please watch the spaghetti for a moment?" He nodded and went over to the pot. Against my better judgment, I glanced over at the table full of people and saw nine sad faces. Guilt washed over me, but I knew that staying longer wasn't an option. "Violet?" I looked over at Daisy and smiled. She is sitting in Harry's lap with Harry holding a book that he was reading to her. "Yes, Flower?" "Sit with us, please?" She asked, giving me the most adorable puppy dog face that she knows I can never say no to. "Okay, Flower."

I went over to the open spot on the bench next to Harry and Daisy. "So, what story are we reading?" I asked them. "Chrisathem?" She asked more than stated. She then got a very determined look before attempting to say it again. "Kissathum?" Harry and I chuckled a bit at her expression and struggle to say the title. "Chrysanthemum?" Harry asked. "Yes! That!" She said excitedly. "Ah! So, how is it?" I asked, still wearing a small smile. "Good! Listen to the story with me!" I nodded, saying, "Alright". She beamed before turning to Harry and saying, "You may resume." He chuckled again before picking up with the story where they had left off.

After Harry finished with that book, Daisy ran off and came back with four more. I yawned ten pages into the second book and started to dose off.

I felt myself being slightly shaken and I squinted my eyes open. "Hmm?" "Do you want to eat, love?" I heard Harry ask me. "Mmhmmm," I replied shaking my head. "Alright, love. You can just go back to sleep then." And with that I drifted off once again.