Chapter 4: Him

The sun was shining. The birds were chirping. It was a beautiful day. And I'm spending it inside Natasha’s small apartment eating a half-empty tub of Oreo ice cream as my best friend yelled profanities while throwing popcorn at the television screen.

"Bitch you can't kill my man! He's an alpha!" Natasha yelled as she threw another hand full of popcorn at the screen. Her love for Scott McCall is undeniable.

"You're wasting precious food, Nat. You're an adult. You shouldn't be wasting your popcorn." I said I ate a spoonful of heavenly goodness. Food is life!

"Ha! You're one to talk. You're just as crazy as I am. U always giggle like a school girl having her first kiss every time you see Stiles. And It's not even a cute giggle. It's like a hyena on drugs."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night. And for your information, I do not sound like a hyena on drugs." I glared at her as she shrugged her shoulders, ignoring my words. Luckily for her, I was in no mood to argue about her obsession with teen wolf.

After all, today is one of those rare times that we have the day off from the diner. And I would rather spend it relaxing than bickering about a television show. Working three jobs was no walk in the park. A normal week consists of working at the diner during the day to a part-time job at the local supermarket and serving drinks three nights a week at a Nightclub. Not the best choices in career paths but it brought in the money we need to survive. Since the cost of basic items is increasing in the blink of an eye. The more money you have the better. How we managed to work three jobs is beyond me.

The few times we did get a day off of work are usually spent at Natasha's apartment or with family. And today is one of those days I get to spend with the drama queen.

Sighing in content as I finished the last bit of ice cream I made my way to the kitchen. "Hey, Nat are you working at Charlie's tonight?" I asked as I discarded the empty container and searched for something else to eat. As usual her cabinet was filled with a variety of snacks. The benefits of having a food buddy.

"Yeah, I have to. I can't afford to miss work anytime soon. Plus I already have old man Marco breathing down my neck for his kitchen. Thank you for that by the way." She said sarcastically. Giving her a cheeky smile and a thumbs up I grabbed a bag of lays potato chips and headed back to my seat. "Besides even if I wanted to stay away there isn't anyone to take my shift." She continued as she played the next episode. Her random burst of yelling had ceased.

"What about Jasmine? We all know how much she loves Taking others' shift." I joked as I remembered the last time Natasha let Jasmine cover for her. The woman's lack of shame as she slept with a man twice her age was unbelievable. It was as if she had experienced this drama too many times for it to be interesting anymore when the man's wife showed up and caused a scene when she caught them red-handed having sex in one of the reserved rooms. The colorful words that passed her lips and the look of pure embarrassment and anger on the man's face as his wife threw a bottle of expensive wine at them was a sight to behold. The regret of marrying scum was clear as day on her face. A reminder that some men were just trash.

"Well, that's never happening again. It's the worst decision I've ever made in my life." She shuddered in disgust at the thought. "I still can't believe she did that. She probably gave the guy whatever STDs she has."

I hummed in agreement, " I feel sorry for his wife but she is one scary-ass lady. Besides, he probably deserves whatever STDs Jasmine gave him. Not to mention her poor judgment that night caused the manager to keep refusing to leave early ever again."

"He only did that because he didn't want anyone to confront Jasmine on the matter and call her out for her shitty behavior. Everyone knows he's banging her. He just wanted someone other than her to take the blame. And I was the perfect opportunity." She said in anger. There was no denying the manager was an ass.