Chapter 5: Give it your best try

Balling my hands into fists I slowly turned in the direction of the person I wanted to get rid of the most. "Good evening gentlemen, how may I help you?" I said over the music as I pretended I wasn't just caught trying to escape.

keeping my eyes focused on Ryan I ignored the man staring a hole in the side of my head. Whether he was in his right mind or drunk I couldn't tell. "I'll have a bottle of tequila and my friend here would like you to be his wife," Ryan said tapping Xander's shoulder. My eye twitched in irritation at his stupid remark.

Two weeks have passed since I last saw dumb and dumber. Yet it felt like no time had passed with their persistent offers and fancy gifts. Sending all their gifts back and ignoring their existence. Unfortunately I had the bad luck of meeting them tonight. Of all the bad things that could have happened tonight. The universe chose this.

Trying to be as professional as humanely possible for me I replied. "I'm sorry sir but we only serve drinks at this bar. If you would like to have a woman for the night I'm sure there are many outside this establishment to assist you in your needs. And your friend might need a therapist."

"Ah I'm sure those ladies may be willing in that particular field but we don't need fuck buddy at the moment. We only need a wife for my pal. Though I wouldn't mind having you warm my bed." He winked at me as Xander continued to be a silent bystander. I could tell they were trying to bait me. They wanted a reaction out of me. Teasing me so that I would respond violently and agree to their offer so that they could leave me alone. It was either that or they were plain stupid.

"What I'm trying to say is that you fit his criteria. A strong woman with no love life. Perfect for the job. We'll even pay you a generous amount of money if you agree." Taking a deep breath I reminded myself for the millionth time that it was still illegal to behead or murder someone. Even if that person seems like they had a death wish. I could see the joy in Ryan's eyes as he watched me struggle to keep my temper in check. My patience wearing thin.

Choosing to ignore his words I scanned the crowd for any signs of Natasha. I needed her to cover for me while I tried to calm myself. As if she had sensed my need to be rescued Natasha made her to the bar. Grabbing a bottle of tequila, two shot glasses, salt and a few lime slices I placed them infront of the pair of idiots.

"Here is your tequila. Now if you'll please excuse me I have other business to attend to. If you need anything else Ms. Samuels will assist you. " I said as Natasha stood next to me. Her mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water as she looked at dumb and dumber in surprise.

"Mr. Pierce, Mr. Anderson it is a surprise to see you here," Natasha said as I rolled my eyes at her choice of words. We work at a Nightclub. Where did she expect them to be at this hour? A country club playing golf in the night?

Without waiting to hear their reply I snuck a half-empty bottle of vodka away from the shelf and made my escape to the ladies' washroom. The need to get drunk after a stressful night was stronger than any other feeling.

As I entered the washroom I drank some of the vodka from the bottle. Sighing in content as the cool liquid went down. Ignoring the burning sensation in my throat as I continued to drink it. Feeling a bit light-headed I held onto the sink in front of me. I'm no big drinker but a little liquid courage was needed tonight. My ability to get drunk quickly never ceases to amaze me.

Looking into the mirror I could see how tired I was. The barely covered bags under my eyes and smudged lipstick was embarrassing. Taking a damp cloth from the side I wiped away my ruined makeup. Luckily it was almost time to end our shift and I was drunk enough to not care. As I washed and dried my face I heard the creak of the door as someone entered.