31

Grayson's POV
I wandered through the heavily dense forest with fog entwining through maze of trees. The only noise to be heard was the leaves crunching beneath my feet with every step I took.

There was a slight breeze blowing causing bumps to rise along my arms. "Hello?" I said loudly only to hear the echo of my own my voice.

No one can hear you dumbass.

My conscious scolded me as I continued to walk. I had a feeling as if someone was following me causing the hair on the back of my neck stand. I turned around quickly only to see nothing. I silenced my breathing so I could listen to other possible noises around me.

After slowly taking step after step I heard the crunching of leaves growing louder. Once I turned around I noticed a silhouette coming towards me. My eyes grew wide and I began to run. I ran through the trees earning cuts from low hanging branches. I looked back once again seeing the figure grow closer and closer. I picked up my speed only to be tripped by a root.

I fell hard to the ground letting out a loud grunt when I landed face first to the cold harsh ground. I scrambled to my feet wiping away the blood that was coming from my nose.

"What the fuck do you want!" I screamed out the sound echoing through the empty forest. I stumbled backwards making me fall to the ground once again. I leaned back against the tree staring up towards the sky not being able to see much from the fog.

What am I doing here?

With that I saw a small petite figure emerge from the trees. "W-who are you?" I asked barely above a whisper.

"Grayson?"

I knew that voice. I knew exactly who she was. She's the one who brought me comfort. She was the one who tried to keep me sane even though I already became insane. She was the one who loved me when I didn't love myself, hell I didn't love anyone.

"Emari?" I asked as tears threatened to fall. I watched as she stepped closer and closer towards me. At this point I was already to my feet. My heart thumping louder and louder the closer she got to me.

Why do I feel this way?

I shook my head to the stupid question I asked myself. Because I love her. I don't know how or even why. I feel a strong connection with her as if I've known her forever. A connection that couldn't be broken no matter what. I'd do anything to protect or comfort her. I'd be anything she wanted me to be.

But why am I just now realizing this?

I got knocked from my daze when I felt a pair of hands grab on my face. Where my eyes were met with her beautiful green ones. Her eyes reminded me of the forest. Dark green spots reminiscing the darkness that lurked within the trees. But then refilled with a light green symbolizing the beauty of  an empty meadow on a spring day.

"Grayson. What are you doing here?" Her soft angelic voice spoke once again breaking me from my trance. I brought my hand to her face making her flinch slightly.

Is she that afraid of me?

I furrowed my eyebrows together at her actions but still brought my hand to her cheek. I rubbed my thumb slowly over the apple of her cheeks in a soothing way. "I don't know Emari." I said slowly.

"You can't stay here it's not safe for either of us Gray. Please you need to go." She said as her voice began to break. She didn't sound sad or mad but terrified?

"Emari I'm not leaving you here. I love you." I told her truthfully. "W-what?" She stuttered removing her hands from my face leaving it cold.

I held my breath for a moment to regain my confidence. "Emari Bergere, I. Love. You." I said in between breaths. I noticed her eyes watering but she was holding them back.