thirty + three

Dreams of trouble and fear haunt me while awake and asleep. I cannot stop worrying and fearing for my child. I just awoke from the most horrendous dream, where my child was literally carved out of my stomach. The baby boy and I were thrown to the masses of peasants who were once my friends.

In my dream, they had revolted and were no longer hungry for bread. They were now famished for justice and the first person they went to was me.

I stayed up all night, thinking and feeling guilty until the sun came up.

"Good morning beautiful." Harry grinned, still sleepy as he yawned and grabbed me by the forearm. He pulled me down into a bug, still half asleep before realizing the time.

"Aurelie it is early, what are you doing awake at this hour? You are supposed to be resting."

"I know I should but I cannot. Harry, I love too much therefore I fear for too many."

"We are safe and healthy. What could be wrong  with us?"

"I am speaking for my people. I come from generations of hardworking peasants. That cannot be groomed away by beautiful dresses and fancy perfumes. My people are dying everyday, Harry, and I am here bathing in specs of golden embers imported from Africa and owning thousands of silks from Japan."

"Aurelie my love, we cannot change the ways of royals. These people will never ch-"

"No, people change, love is real and there is good out there. I must speak with Zayn. I will be back."

"Aurel-"

It was no point, I was already walking to Zayn's private chambers. The guards let me in automatically, but advised me otherwise. I did not care, I went into his chambers to find him asleep.

Only he was not alone.

Tears formed in my eyes as I stared at Zayn, naked in bed, with two women sleeping on the floor beside his bed. My eyes were blurry, and my heart hurt. I turned around quickly and clumsily which resulted in a big banging noise. Glass vases and jewelry fell, awaking Zayn and his women.

"Aurelie I-"

"No, do not.. I don't even want to.." my nose filled with mucus as tears cascaded down my face. I could not even run away because I was so sore. My legs were weak and my body was heavy.

I wondered if my baby could feel the incessant ache of my heart. I hope it did not, for he had not even seen light and one of his fathers was already disappointing him.

"Ow." I tried to grab onto my leg but it was to no avail, I could not reach it. Zayn rushed to my side, and his lovers just stood there silently. I was crying now for psychical and mental pain.

Zayn ordered the girls to leave, or more specifically to be escorted out. I knew what this meant. The girls who entered Zayn's bedroom without pleasing him were escorted to the right tower.

Those girls were never seen again.

"Sit here." Zayn instructed gently. I sat on his bed, laying down and lifting my legs to see what hurt so deeply. I had cut, shards still embedded inside. I have never felt such a pain, for the closest thing to glass we had home was leaves.

"It hurts. Why? Why would you do this to me?"

"My love you are not being fair. You are pregnant and married. I have needs."

"You said you loved me and you lied." I cry as the nurses and doctors remove the glass from my foot gently. I hissed as they added and alcohol to it.

"I never lied to you. You are the love of my life."

"Yet you find euphoria in another. This is unacceptable, Zayn. I.. my heart is shattering."

Zayn looked at me with great sadness in his wet eyes and I knew this was the beginning of the end, the start of a new story.