Scavenger Hunt

"Gross."

"What?" Beth smiled at her sister, who was now precisely faking her disgust.

"Sometimes I could swear that you are not my twin." Kate looked at her all serious.

"You love it."

"I love a lot of things but your stories with Clayface are definitely not on the list." She stretched her neck and groaned when the loud cracking followed after her movement. The last few days she always woke up sore. Obviously being Batwoman was exhausting, especially after all that happened in National City but Kate was happy for Maggie. She really was... Beth, was however, staring at her, not saying a word.

"Talk." Kate exhaled.

"You look like shit." Beth was never one to sugar-coat things.

"Huh." The redhead scoffed, "I also feel like shit."

"Take a break then."

"Not that easy..." She shook her head; sulking back into the sofa.

"Bullshit sis, other people can handle Gotham for a while."

"Others?" Soft laugh escaped from Kate's throat, "Like...Red Alice?"

"Oh no..." Beth stopped her immediately, "Red Alice is...not a hero..."

"Maybe if she would come along more often, she could be." Kate wasn't someone who would abandon family. She knew that Beth's past was dark but she was just really happy that her sister was alive. There was a time in the past when she thought she lost her.. After she fell from that plane...

Kate closed her eyes for a moment, getting rid of the memories that found their way into her mind. The room was silent but she appreciated that her twin knew when to stay quiet. Unwillingly she reached out for Beth's hand; It took only a second before an unearthly cold hand squeezed hers. Ever since Beth came back, the temperature of her body was low. At first, Kate was worried about it but now she was used to it. She felt the same about the pale skin, even though that could be a family trait. She let out content sigh, ready to go fulfill her duties as Batwoman.

"So you are not coming?"

"No...I think that I'll go have some fun tonight."

"Okay..." Kate looked a little confused, "What is more fun than beating up a few guys?"

"Movies?" She shrugged and laughed at her sister's horrified expression, "Kate...when was the last time you actually fought someone?"

"Ouch." The redhead sneered.

"I'm serious, lately you just run around, looking for your mystery villain."

"Well, you don't think it's weird?" Kate threw her hands up in the air.

"That you can't remember the whole night?"

"I didn't drink..." She rolled her eyes after seeing Beth's mocking grin.

"Did it happen again?"

"No...no I'm just tired..."

"The headaches?"

"Yeah...I could use some rest but first I have to figure this out and all the naps that I have to take during...work...are not making it easier."

Beth stood up from the sofa and walked over to the window. It did seem weird but that was Gotham. And Beth liked Gotham.