Lesson One

Kate woke up at her apartment in the Kane tower. She looked drowsily at her phone to check the time. 11 am. Her shoulders were stiff but Kate didn't pay attention to it, she crawled out of the bed and slowly moved to the shower. Stream of hot water was something she appreciated, especially after last night. Thankfully there was no need to go out as Batwoman during the night but the police gala did drain most of her strength. It took her more than twenty minutes to get out of the shower and fifteen more to pick an outfit for her training with Diana. Her final choice were dark brown cargo pants and a black tank top contrasting hard with her pale skin. She also grabbed a coffee and sunglasses on her way out. The elevator brought her down quickly. Kate almost jogged past the reception, nodding excitedly at the employee. She completely missed her father standing near the waiting area.

"Kate!" Hearing his voice caused her to stop.

"Dad, I'll be late..." She started before turning around, "What do-"

"Hello Kate." Diana's voice rang through the lobby and the redhead's jaw hit the floor when she saw the woman stand next to her father. She almost tripped over the edge of blue rug on the floor as her eyes raked all over the goddess body. Diana was wearing a tight black jeans, loose white button up with brown leather jacket over it.

"H-Hi...Sorry I...I didn't see you here..." Kate spluttered.

"Ouch." The Amazon chuckled and picked up the small sport bag from the floor, "Your father said that we can use his private gym..."

"His gym?" Kate raised her eyebrows and looked amused at her dad.

"Well I paid for it." Jacob laughed, obviously entertained by his daughter's behavior, especially around his friend.

"Yeah?" She scoffed, "When was the last time you used it?"

"Maybe you could join us, Colonel?" Diana jumped into the conversation, smiling innocently at the redhead. Kate glared at her dad, trying to ignore the woman next to her.

"I'd love to but I think my daughter would not enjoy it as much as we would." He leaned a little towards Diana and squeezed her shoulder, "Maybe next time?" She nodded and her attention turned back to Kate as soon as the colonel walked away.

"Shall we?" The Amazon asked.

"Uh...yeah...let's go."

Kate was thankful that they didn't have to wait long for the elevator. It was hard not to notice Diana, even though she was wearing casual clothes. People were staring at them and it wasn't exactly comfortable for her. However the goddess didn't mind the attention. After all these years on Earth she was more than used to it. To be fair, everyone knew who Wonder Woman was but not a lot of people knew Batwoman's real identity. They entered the elevator with a couple of employees who were working in the offices upstairs. Kate gave them a small smile when they tried to cover their confused looks, eyes flicking between both women. The Amazon didn't miss the looks that she was getting as she scooted over to Kate. The redhead gulped audibly when she felt Diana's hand on her back. Loud exhale interrupted the silence in the elevator, Kate fought hard to keep it in but when the strong fingers pulled down her tank top a bit, revealing the nautical star tattoo between her shoulder blades, she lost the fight.

"That's a nice tattoo, Kate." The Amazon slowly ran her fingers over the exposed skin, copying the edges of the star.