Chapter 1

Chapter 1- The First step in the Journey

----------------------------------------------

"So Seth? Who are you gonna choose tomorrow?" asked a dark-haired boy sitting at a videophone.

"Isn't it obvious? Fennekin is the obvious way to go!" said the boy on the other side of the call, " Who are you gonna choose John?"

"I've had my mind set on Bulbasuar ever since I saw the Pokémon master playing with his here at the lab!" I said enthusiastically.

"Do you know what starter the others are picking?" Seth asked.

"Yeah! Bryce is choosing Mudkip. Ceecee is choosing Chikorita. Sally's choosing Turtwig and Xander is choosing Piplup. Your sister is picking Froakie and Angie is picking Oshawott." I replied enthusiastically.

"Really? Bryce is picking Mudkip? I thought for sure he was gonna pick Torchic. Well we better go to bed otherwise we'll be just like the Pokémon master!" he said with a yawn.

"You're right. That's the one thing I don't want to repeat what the champion did. Bye."

"Bye." He said as he turned off the Videophone.

"~Yaaawn~What time is it anyway?" I said as I looked at my Pikachu clock.

"It's only 10:05. I better set it for 7:00 and get to bed." I said as I reached for the clock.

----------------------------------------------

THE NEXT MORNING

Pika-Pika-Pikachu.Pika-Pika-Pikachu.Pika-Pika-Pikachu.Pika-Pika-.

I hit the snooze button located on Pikachu's head and stumbled out of bed.

"Yyyeees! Today's the day I finally get my pokemon." I said as I ran out of my room, "But I should probably put some pants on first!"

After putting on the clothes made by Delia, the nice lady down the street, I made my way up the stairs to the lab. My father, Professor Oak and renowned researcher, was waiting at the top to greet me.

"I had a feeling you'd get up early!" he said.

"You know it Dad! I wouldn't miss this for the world!" I replied.

"By the way, yesterday the Pokémon master came by and left you some presents." said Oak.

"Ash Ketchum left me presents! What are they!!!" I said hardly containing my excitement.

"You'll see after you get your Pokémon! Now let's go!" he said walking into the lab.

As I entered the familiar lab I noticed that three pokéballs stood alone on a table lit by a lamp. I already knew what was inside the pokéballs, but my heart skipped a beat anyways.

"Now I know who your going to pick, but I still have to go through them." the professor said as he picked up one of the three pokéballs. He clicked the center button and it immediately popped open and it formed a small orange Pokémon with flames on its tail.

"Here we have Charmander. The Lizard Pokémon." he said.

He grabbed the next one and out popped a blue turtle.

"This is Squirtle. The Tiny Turtle Pokémon."

Dad finally grabbed the one I had been waiting for.

"I bet you already know who this is." he said as he pushed the button.

Out popped Bulbasuar the one I had chosen years ago as the one for me.

"He is known as The Seed Pokémon. But you already knew that."