| 08 |

jisung slings his backpack onto chan's bed before sinking down next to it.

chan's focus stays on his homework as he says, "hey, jisung."

the younger grunts in response.

"how was the tutoring?" he asks, laying down across the mattress and cuddling with a pillow.

chan shrugs, his pencil scratching out the answers.

"he's cute."

jisung abruptly sits up, choking.

chan quickly turns around, worry sketched on his face.

"you okay?" he asks.

jisung catches his breath, nodding.

"can you repeat that?"

chan's eyebrows furrow. "...you okay...?"

jisung sighs. "not that, idiot. the thing you said before."

chan thinks back. "oh." his eyes light up as he remembers. "the boy i'm tutoring is...cute?"

jisung sits there, his face filled with awe.

chan laughs, turning back to his homework.

"why are you surprised?"

jisung stands up and starts pacing the room.

"you've never said something like this about a person around your age."

chan scoffs, filling out answers. "and what does that mean?"

jisung sighs, rolling his eyes. his footsteps fill the silence of the room.

"i mean," he begins, "that you've said three year olds are cute, but you've never called someone your own age cute."

the elder shrugs. he doesn't see why jisung is freaking out. jeongin is cute. there's no doubt about it.

"i still don't see your point," chan states.

"wait." jisung pauses and starts thinking. "does that mean...you don't have a crush on the boy?"

chan gives a sigh when jisung finishes, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"jisung," he says, "just because a person calls someone cute, doesn't mean they want to date them. plus, if you saw jeongin, you would say he's cute, too."

jisung pouts, sitting on the floor. but he can't help but feel like something is a bit off. then it clicks.

"yes, but," jisung states, lining up the facts in his head, "that would work for any normal person. i call people cute all the time. so it doesn't mean anything."

chan listens, but isn't sure where jisung is going.

"however, the boy continues, "you have never called anyone cute. therefore, it means something."

there's a pause before chan sighs again.

jisung puts his hands up in surrender.

"hey, hey, i'm just saying you should think about it. and after that, if you really don't have any feelings, i'll believe you."

the boy gets out his homework, lying across the floor and taking out a pencil.

chan is left with his thoughts floating around. he sets his pencil down, confusion written everywhere.

»»————————««

i thought nothing could top my pace...i was wrong

go check out i am you!!