| 09 |

friday soon rolls around, and after what feels like ten hours, the school day is finally over. sort of.

"you going to tutoring?" seungmin asks, meeting jeongin at his locker.

the younger nods. "yep. three days a week."

felix soon comes up from behind, clapping the boy on his back.

"well, look at the bright side, you get to see someone good looking before the weekend starts."

seungmin laughs. "a great way to start your weekend."

jeongin sighs, softly shaking his head at the two boys.

"that's easy for you guys to say," he points out, "you're not the one who has to be with him for a whole hour. do you know how hard it is to stop my heart from physically beating out of my chest every time he explains something?"

the two boys laugh, doubling over.

"you've got it bad, jeongin," felix states.

jeongin pushes felix, a faint smile covering his face.

the three boys soon wave bye to each other. felix and seungmin going out to the buses while jeongin makes his way to the library.

he doesn't know why his heart speeds up. or why his footsteps seem faster than usual. but before he can even begin to think about what he feels for the older boy, he's already at the library, sitting down and taking his homework out.

a couple minutes later and a presence sits beside him.

"hey," chan says, swinging his backpack off his back. "how are you?"

jeongin jumps a little, somewhat startled, before looking up and - his eyes freeze on the sight in front of him.

chan has dyed his hair silver. and on top of that, he's wearing a thin line of eyeliner.

silence washes over them, chan furrowing his eyebrows.

"you okay?" he asks.

jeongin mentally curses himself. why must he always get flustered in the presence of the boy?

"yeah, sorry, i'm good. you?"

chan smiles slightly. "i'm always a little happier on fridays."

jeongin giggles. "me, too."

chan scoots his chair a bit closer to jeongin, leaning over.

"is that the homework you got?"

jeongin tries not to, but he's painfully aware of how close they are. he can almost count each individual eyelash of chan's.

"y-yeah. i can pull out the notes we took today."

jeongin sighs, congratulating himself for forming a whole sentence.

"that'd be great. if there's anything you don't understand or want to go more in depth, just tell me."

jeongin's eyes sparkle, his smile wide. "thanks."

chan shakes his head. "no problem."

»»————————««

this isn't a spooky chapter but happy halloween!!