Chapter II - Darkness Behind Light

As I scroll my phone's screen to find more possible traces, and where did she really went, Annie's mother hold my hands and said; "Thank you for being concerned with my daughter, I know that my daughter is very stubborn at least you tried to convince her..." 

My mother told Annie's parents to go to the police at once, her father told me to screen shot all of our conversations and print it out, when their parents left, I finished screen shooting all of our conversations regarding to the meetup that she get involved with, as the images printed slowly... I'm staring to tremble... suddenly my mother went in my room to check me if I'm alright... 

I was sitting on my computer chair in front of my computer, when I saw her I greeted her and she directly sat on the edge of my bed and faced directly at me... I turned the chair around to face her while my printer is busy doing its job.

"Yuki, is that the reason why didn't you tell me where are you going this morning?" my mother asked in an instant after the moment she took a seat on the side of my bed.

"That's true... I cannot lie to you anymore mama... I know I've been too stubborn and I don't care about the effects of my actions... And I'm regretting it right now..." I explained.

My mother stands up and gave me an embrace, tears suddenly dropped from my eyes, as I embrace her as well, my mother and I make up of our quarrel for this day...

But what bothers me so much is not my life...

but what actually happened to my friend, I felt useless... 

I felt I did nothing to help her...

Is it really my fault...?

How rubbish of me...

When I am thinking those thoughts while my mother embraced me, the printer just finished printing and signals a sound that the printing process is done...

I let go to my mother, and checked the papers if the images are properly printed and clear... 

Hopefully the prints are crystal clear...

I gave the documents to my mother as she put them all in a brown envelope and picked up her phone and calls Annie's parents, those screen shots are helpful to the police investigation for the search for her...

As the night passes... Everyone in the house is asleep..

My Father who came back from work late, because of extreme business meetings and traffic from EDSA, but I saw my father with my mother in their room asleep, I am the only one who don't feel sleepy...

Is it because of Annie's disappearance...?

That's probably it...

I just jumped back to my bed, and try to sleep, I just really don't feel like sleeping until, I just stare at the window, and I found myself asleep...

Moments later, I suddenly woke up as if someone shaken me... I jump in surprise when I saw a bald, and tan skinned man, with white robe staring at me while sleeping!

I screamed; "WHO ARE YOU?! HOW DID YOU GET IN MY ROOM?!"

The man stared at me and calmly said; "Do not be afraid child, I do not mean harm... I just came here to visit you, as the new hope of humanity..." 

"N-new hope of humanity? What do you mean?" I confusingly asked the man because I don't really have an idea what the heck is he talking about.

"The Millennial that preferred not to be one... WE are searching for you for a very very long time..." The man explained calmly while looking at my eyes directly.

"I'll give you this millennium key... for you to open the doors and answer your questions why there such thing as millennial and how they intoxicate your society as well the minds of the people in the future..." The man explained more as he handed me a large golden key necklace, once I held the key, It was so warm as if it was newly forged by a blacksmith, and unexplainable power not by a demon, but as if as a holy relic on my hands...

I raised my head and attempting to ask his name... but he's already gone...

suddenly a very bright light overcome the darkness of the night it blinded me for a moment...

then suddenly... I woke up...

It's Sunday morning... 7 am...

I can hear the birds chirping and children playing around with their street children's game. 

I think what I encounter with that bald man is just merely a dream... but when I got up, I realized I am holding something heavy and metallic in my right hand... When I looked on my right hand, I AM ACTUALLY HOLDING THE MILLENNIUM KEY THE BALD MAN GAVE ME IN A DREAM!!!

That wasn't even a dream at all... 

I hurriedly went to the dining room to meet my mother, But I am worried she won't believe me...

I just realized that when I was only five steps away from our dining room and my mother saw me as she prepared our breakfast...

"To say or not to say?" I kept on asking myself every split second I am slowly stepping forward into the dining table...

"What's the matter Yuki?" my mother suddenly asked me as she puts a plate of three sunny side up eggs in the table.

"Mom.. I know this is crazy... but you better believe me..." I suddenly murmured, but my mom clearly heard it and took the fried rice and put some of it in my plate.

"Why? Did a ghost bothered you last night?" my mother asked with a straight face.

I showed the Millennium Key to my mother and let her touch it... but suddenly a relaxing warmth flowed out of the key and it surprised my mother, but she wasn't freaked out..

"Where did you get this? Yuki?" My mom asked as she inspects the key.

"A Bald, Tan skinned man in white robe gave it to me in a dream, I know that is very crazy, but I swear! I'm not lying!" I explained myself to my mother. Deep inside of me, why the hell did I said that to her, I should have kept it secret, But I promised my mother that I am not gonna lie to her again, for me to be out of trouble just like what happened to Annie...

"Obviously, it is crazy when you just take it literally, but, there is no such thing as this item here in Manila, nor in the Philippines, I believe the bald man you mean is probably a monk..." My mom told me with extreme caution.

"A monk? Here in the Philippines?" I asked with a face of doubt. But I think by the sound of my mother's words, probably she knows something regarding to that man... 

"Who knows.." my mother replied handed me back the key, "You better keep that, that might be very important for that man, and he trusted you with his possessions, always keep an eye of it... who knows the man might take it back in the future, and you must keep that with you at all times, at least there is a unplanned time he will take it back.." my mother explained to me and advises me without fear or being reluctant...

My mother is right... I have to keep this with me.. because of what the man said...

" for you to open the doors and answer your questions why there such thing as millennial"