Chapter 13

I'm updating right now because I'm excited and screaming. I might get to see 5sos next year and I need a serious chill pill!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Autumn POV.

I don't know how long we stood that close together with our breathing heavy and my eyes closed. The footsteps lingered around our secret room that I could now assume was no longer our secret. Whoever these guards were now knew a new hiding place that I thought would be only for me and Harry. 

After a long torturous few minutes of waiting to be caught and immediately beaten, the footsteps finally retracted followed by the sound of the door closing. Harry and I stayed still for another few moments, only waiting to see if someone was going to come back to check out the room again. 

Harry was the first to move, his arms were taken away from their protective hold around my body before he moved to open the little door above us. He helped me out of the small hole we had been trapped in and we both dusted ourselves off as soon as we were back on the main ground. I really didn't know what to say and I was more anxious to get back to my room than I had ever been. I don't like sitting in confinement, but I also do not enjoy punishments. I can handle them but I definitely do not enjoy them.

"We should probably get back" I stated and without agreement I headed towards the door. Harry said nothing but followed me towards our exit. Once we left he silently moved the bookcase back to hide the door. It seemed like a useless action now that our hiding spot had been discovered. Harry's silence made me feel weird, almost like I had done something wrong. 

"You never explained what had happened to the girl. All the information I wanted to know" I spoke quietly because now we were in even greater danger of getting caught. Surely the halls weren't as deserted as they were when we had snuck from the lunchroom and I had no idea how not to get discovered.

"I don't know where they could-" It was too late to hide because as soon as I heard the voice, two figures appeared and joined Harry and I in this room. Harry's eyes widened but he said nothing as Miss Tallen and some guard that I had never seen before caught sight of us. Miss Tallen's face grew a scowl as she motioned for the one skinny guard to grab hold of us. 

Harry and I could have easily taken him down but I was assuming that an action like that would cause even more trouble to land on us. Plus, I didn't really have the time to tell Harry a knock out plan before the guard was behind us and containing both of our hands in cuffs. This seemed to be a new precaution.

"Watch it" Harry growled as the guard tightened his handcuffs more than they needed to be. Mine were kept fairly loose but not loose enough to break through. Miss Tallen took over as soon as the guard had placed the hand confinements on both of us. Her rough hands were used to push us out the door and down towards her office. During the way she repeatedly reminded us of how we couldn't get away now so there was no use in trying.

Her attitude sparked an anger in me. Her act of being on top of the world was due to her success in finding us. And she was aware that the only reason she could boss us around at the moment was because of the handcuffs restricting our actions. I could still run perfectly fine but that plan only ended in faults.

Miss Tallen was quick to shut the door as soon as we reached her room; shortly after she dismissed the two guards waiting for her. We were isolated alone in this room which didn't give me a particularly good feeling.

"So what makes you think you can just skip a lockdown?" Her voice grew in volume in attempt to show authority. She was attempting to show us how "in power" she was.