Chapter 16 - As I Play Second Fiddle

I guess it was only fair to realize that I was taking a secondary role in Max’s new music obsessed lifestyle. After all, my hubby came first in mine, so Max had to play second fiddle to him, and now I was becoming aware that nothing was as important to Max as his new obsession with singing and playing guitar.

     I did hear from Max that Monday, he was sweet too, saying he missed me and couldn’t wait to see me that Wednesday night. I had to tell him that I would be over a bit later than normal. My husband had really been missing spending Wednesdays with me, a night we used to both be off. My husband advised me that I could go see Max, but he wanted to be with me first. If he had to get up early Thursday early for work, I could stay out late, but he would “preclaim” me as an alternative sexual solution.

    My husband was more jealous about the amount of time that I got to spend with Max more than anything else. When I would go to Broadway, I was usually out for a good 4-6 hours. On this night, he would take an hour or two to himself before allowing me to venture out.  It was time well spent. He wanted to take his time with me. He took his time with every part of me. He would start by massaging me, caressing me, fondling me in a variety of ways.  He would eat me out and stop when I would nearly orgasm just to prolong our intimate time together. I did the same for him. We had a very erotic time, and he would finally allow me to cum while eating me out and then fuck me hard in a variety of ways. He entered me right after I came as I laid on my back. I think he could still feel me pulsating as he entered me. He then turned me on my side as if spooning me as he fucked me some more. He could wrap his arms around me to hold me as he fucked me and fondled my tits as he thrusted from behind.  He soon had me on my knees to get in as deep as possible as if he were marking his territory. He stayed inside me and held me for a while as we both caught our breath and before I would be leaving for my date with Max.

    As we were stepping out for a cigarette, I received a text from Max asking me to pick him up at a friend’s house. I got the usual apologies, but I was irritated again by my requirement in our relationship as an unpaid Uber driver. It was also in a part of the city where I was not comfortable being late at night. After looking up how to get there and a couple of smokes, I kissed my hubby goodnight and was off to pick up Max.

       He didn’t tell me that it was an apartment complex with a gated entry.  After I figured out where I was, I had to park on a weird street and try to figure out how I’m supposed to let him know that I was even there. I had to call some stranger’s phone, where I had received the text from, and hope it was the right person. It was and Max said that he would be right out. He came out a few minutes later with his guitar, going on and on about this new friend he had made. It was a guy that was supposed to be some kind of music producer, but as the night went on, it seemed like his new friend was just some other broke guy who liked to sing Karaoke. I know Max loves to meet new people, but I think he puts too much trust in strangers. He would seem to make new best friends whenever I saw him, and then it would turn into some odd story that was different later on. I think Max just hated to be alone.

    We got to his apartment, so he could change and headed out to his Tailgate bar. It was back to being us, and I forgot about the inconvenience that he had put me through.  He was attentive and sweet Max again as he was when it was just the two of us. He told me that we were going to go to a bar on Mill called 414 where he had been going to sing for the past couple of nights. I didn’t really care where we went. We got a couple of drinks, Max put in for a couple of songs to sing, and we sat out on the patio to watch the drunks stumble in and out.

      It was nice being out with him. We laughed and chatted with people. We drank and smoked and kissed. He sang a couple of songs and complained about his voice being messed up. I thought that he sounded good. He told me of his last couple of nights at this place as if it were a magical sanctuary of unsigned recording artists. I just saw it as a Karaoke bar where people drank too much with an occasional decent singer. A friend of his told me that I should sing something, and Max told him that I don’t sing, but it was alright because I was good at other things. Silly stuff like that always made me laugh.