Soul - Part 4

I opened my eye to a bleak world. Turning around I saw my parents watching me.

" Char you okay?" Mom asked but I turned around on the bed and faced away from her.

" You need to tell us what's going on honey. Please." Dad said.

I pulled the cover's over my head and blocked them out.

Soon I heard them leave the room and confer with the someone.

" How is she?" Mom asked.

" She's not good." A strange ancient sounding voice said.

" What's that supposed to mean?"

" She will die in the next week if something doesn't happen. I have tested her and as far as I know she has no magic."

Mom gasped. " Is that even possible?"

" I'm not sure. As far as I can tell it looks like she's not even like a human. She has no life."

" I only saw it in one other being. They died within the week so I'm hoping she doesn't. Something terrible must have happened within that short span of time for her to be like this."

" Is there nothing you can do?" Asked dad.

The man sighed. " I'm sorry there's nothing."

After a minute they went away and I pulled back the covers.

I grabbed a bag and filled it with clothes. Then I crept out of the room and went to the magic room.

I grabbed a lot of vials and stuffed them in my pack. I knew that if I was going to die then I wouldn't die in the castle.

Once I reached a window I opened it and hauled a rope over the ledge before sliding down it onto the hard ground.

When I reached the ground I turned and walked out into the woods.

For hours and days I walked until I reached a spot in the jungle and collapsed to the sound of animals.

I instantly fell into a deep sleep.