Trouble Like No Other - Part 6

I looked at the wall for a moment in shock. Then I looked at the coach and realized I was in deep trouble.

His face was a deep red. However his emotions were totally under control.

" Coach-" I started.

" NO." He said cutting me off. " YOU don't get to say anything. You have caused enough problems today. Your lucky I'm not the King or I would have you banished from this school."

I opened my mouth again but decided against it since he looked like he would pick up a weight and throw it as anyone who disobeyed him. Deciding I didn't want to get injured again I shot a look over at the couple before walking out the door.

" Bye bitch!" I heard faintly and my temper flared like a hot white fire.

I was about to stomp back in and give her a piece of my mind when I spotted a small silver snake laying in the grass.

But that wasn't what attracted my attention. It was the fire boy that had a fireball in his hand ready to demolish the snake.

" NO!" I screamed and dived for the snake hoping I wasn't too late.

I saw a bright light flash in my sight and felt something collide my back.

As my vision cleared I looked down and noted with a sigh that the snake was unharmed and even better it was sleeping.

I rolled over and groaned as I felt my charred back shot through with a burning pain.

" Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" Yelled a boy.

I looked into the sky and saw the fire boy looking down at me with genuine concern.

Snorting I push the boy away. " Don't you dare say your sorry!" I shouted. " You were about to kill that snake!"

" But that snake is the most poisonous-"

I shoved the boy onto his butt. " I don't give a shit! You were about to kill an innocent creature!"

" But-"

" Don't you try and take back your actions you idiot!"

Without waiting for a reply I scooped the pencil thin snake up in my arms and ran to my building.

I ran up the stairs and bolted into the bedroom before laying the still sleeping snake on my bed and drew the curtains back as sunlight poured into the room.

I smiled as the sun's rays fell across the silver snake.

Leaning close I noticed the intricate details on the little snake

Leaning close I noticed the intricate details on the little snake. It looked so at peace that I couldn't bear to disturb it.

I watched it for a few minutes before the snake opened it's eyes and yawned. It looked at me sleepily and blinked before putting it's head down and going back to sleep.