Feel the beat

"Absolutely" I said "I love playing" I couldn't stop smiling as I walked towards the double bass.I took it off its stand and laid it down to take the end pin out to the height I needed tightened the bow and rosined the bow brought the bass up and checked to see if the instrument was in tune. I felt the strings vibrate as I ran the bow across them I went from E to A to D to G." I haven't been able to play in a while" I say, " Got a song in particular to play or warm up with?" I ask. "ehhhh do ya know the basic nursery rhymes like twinkle twinkle little star etc.etc.?" he asked. "Yeah I know the basic nursery rhymes they were the first thing I learned how to play! Which one do you want to hear?"I ask. " just do twinkle twinkle " he said with a laugh. "ok twinkle twinkle it is" I said with a smile and a slight laugh. I placed the bow on the strings and started playing... When I finished I looked up at him to see him with a huge smile on his face again. " What?" I asked laughing." Just been a long time since someone has been able to play music with me and you are really good!"he said. " How long have you been playing?"he asked. " Ehhh I started in 7th grade sooo about 3 years!" I say " How long have you played?"I ask. " I started in 6th grade so I guess 6 years, but I didn't really play every day and I barely played for a year so I guess we should just count it as about 5 to 4 years." he said. " I'm better at double bass than bass guitar because I learned it first and picked apart the bass guitar because it's very similar"I said. " see I started with bass guitar. Do you think you could show me some stuff on the double bass?" he asked. " Sure can you show me bass guitar a little I haven't gotten it quite down?" I asked. " Yeah absolutely! " he said. " when I play I just feel the beat and vibration of the strings and it just is relaxing to me when I'm stressed I used to play even more than usual, but I haven't been able to play as much with my mom not leaving me alone and packing me with chores and things to do god it was soooo annoying." I said. " You sound like you love music and really use it to escape and, I'm sorry that your mom did that it sounds really annoying I love feeling the beat of all music  and use it to escape too I got really absorbed into music about 2 years ago because of all the stress and everything." He said. I looked at him to see a  look in his eye of understanding and like he wanted to help.. "Hey" I say " How about we just come up here and play and talk just to relax it will take some stress off and we can both teach each other new stuff." " That sounds like a lot of fun sure let's try it!!" He says..