6 - Any Body But You

Jungkook's POV

I pushed Rosè and ran outside to the hall, where I found Jimin. Why was he even crying? He is such a child at times.

I leaned beside him and put my hand on his shoulder, hoping that he wouldn't push me away.

"J-Jungkook..?" His eyes looked swollen, even though he was only crying for about 5 minutes. I could tell that he was balling his eyes out, and it made me feel soft for some reason.

"Why are you crying?" Curiosity was taking over me as I was growing impatient.

"I-I don't know..." He wiped his tears with his hand as I helped him up. When he got back up on his feet, he hugged me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jimin's POV

Jungkook helped me up and I hugged him by instinct, but then I regretted it later when he pushed me away.

"Sorry! I d-didn't mean to, it was i-instinct..." I felt so embarrassed with myself and scratched my neck.

"It's....fine?" He looked at me confused and just went back inside.

Why are you so dumb at times?

My consciousness told me as I went inside as well. Everyone looked at us confused and I sat down, ignoring their stares.

Rosè came up to me, and I knew

That I was dead.

It was after school and I had a red slap mark on my face. Yes, she slapped the hell out of me.

I walk home everyday, so I immediately just ran out of school as the rest of the class periods were boring.

I saw Jungkook, who was in front of me and I turned a corner to hide away from him before he could see me.

Luckily, he passed me without noticing my presence and I walked my usual route home. Jungkook was walking near my house and I was cursing myself, hoping that he didn't live in my neighborhood.

I ran to my house, until I bumped into someone.

This is just my LUCKY day, isnt it?

"Sorry...I was just heading home..."

"It's fine, I live really close to you by the way." He said as he scratched the back of his neck.

My day just couldn't get any worse.

"Oh..That's a coincidence! Well, got to go! BYE!" I hurriedly walked into my house as he was still standing at my front yard.

Go away, you creep.

Later

I was doing my homework until Namjoon texted me. He asked me if I wanted to hang out with him, Jin and Hoseok. I gladly accepted and went with them.

When I got there, we were at Panda Express. We usually just talk about school since we are all apart of student council.

"Finally, you're here Jimin!"

"Yeah, you take forever!"

Namjoon and Jin said teasingly as they all took turns hugging and greeting me.

"So how was your first day?" Hoseok asked as we all chose a table to sit at.

"Awful, remember my old crush?"

"Yeah, what about that selfish jerk?"

"Turns out that I still have the same classes with him. I accidentally fell on him and..." I stopped talking when I saw two familiar people walk into the restaurant.

Bloody hell.

I thought as I saw him and Taehyung.

"Nevermind, it's nothing important." I said with a fake smile on my face. They were all looking at me weirdly which caused my face to turn red in embarrassment.

"Hey, isn't it that guy?" Jin pointed and they all shook their heads agreeing, I knew this wasn't going to end well...

I got my friends distracted by saying that I really liked this new girl group called 'Busters' and I showed them an MV called "Grapes". They got distracted and by the time that the song ended, our food was already placed at our table.

We ate peacefully until I overheard the two boy's conversation...

"Hey, it's that one faggot!"

"Oh yeah! What do you think about having a little fun with him?"

I gulped at their words when I realised that I was doomed. Why does life have to be so complicated?

A few seconds later, I had noodles in my hair and a war had just started.

My friends, Jungkook's friend. They were both cursing at each other, throwing fists at one another when the owner of the restaurant came in and kicked us out.

I knew that today was probably one of the worst days of my life.

I headed back home and went to take a bath. After a long day, I really did need one.

It had felt as though my bully had this weird effect when it came to me. He is mean one second, and then is helping me out without even making eye contact the next.

I wasn't really complaining though, I had learned to not listen to what people say anymore. But boy, did that hurt when Taehyung called me a faggot. That wasn't necessary and I know he did it because he wanted to take advantage of the opportunity.

Why me though? Surely he didn't remember what I looked like before, right? I look way different than I did a few months ago! I'm not chubby anymore and less people picked on me!

I soaked more into the bath tub as all the bad memories came into my mind. When I was finished, I took a towel and wrapped it around my waist as I let the water sink down. I layed silently on my bed as all I could have on my mind is Jungkook. I knew it was wrong to think about him even after all the bad things he did and said to me, but deep down in my heart, I had hoped that he changed.

I was about to fall asleep when I remembered that I didn't finish my homework. I was too tired, but proceeded to do it anyway. I fell onto the bed, face first landing on the mountains of pillows I had and then turned my body around to where I was looking at the roof.

Maybe, just maybe if Jungkook didn't actually remember me...

Would it be okay for me to pretend to be someone I am not for the purpose of him liking me?

And with that thought, I drifted off to sleep.