CHAPTER 4

"You ready Charlie?" Caterina asks from Pierre and her's bedroom while I'm putting lipstick in the bathroom.

"Yes, sorry, I just had to put some lipstick, it was almost all gone."

Tonight, Formula 1 organises a huge reception meant to all the teams, journalists, sponsors, and everyone involved in this season of Formula 1. It's a formal event, which means long dress and high heels for us girls and nice suits for the boys. Earlier this afternoon, I, along with some journalists, wags and team members, took part in the Amber Lounge fashion show. It's an event organized in Monaco on the Friday of the weekend Grand Prix every year. Some drivers also took part in the fashion show, including Esteban, dressed in designer suits. I got the opportunity to wear a golden dress designed by Jean-Paul Gauthier, and am still wearing it for tonight's party. My hair had been styled by a professional, as well as my make up, but my lipstick still faded with time.

 My hair had been styled by a professional, as well as my make up, but my lipstick still faded with time

Looking at myself in the mirror, I'm still insecure about the dress. Sure it feels pretty, it makes me look super tall and it stresses my curves. It's pretty crazy that I succeeding in walking in front of hundreds of people, yet I'm stressing about going to a party.

It's been a month since Azerbaijan GP. Spain was another DNF for Esteban, this time a technical issue. I did my best to avoid spending alone time with him. I didn't go to Monaco with him between Azerbaijan and Spain, I worked from my apartment in Silverstone. It was much more restrictive though, I spent my time calling or emailing him to ask him about his schedule and his interview preferences. I still accepted the French driver's invite to stay at his place during Monaco Grand Prix. I admit I missed this. Monaco, his apartment, and him.

After the fashion show, I left with Caterina to Pierre's apartment, in a building close to Esteban's. She wanted me to help her choose an outfit and get prepared, which I did.

"You're still smoking hot. Come on, we don't want to be late."

I grab my purse with my phone in it and follow her outside, to a car that is waiting for us.

---

Arriving at the castle, my mouth drops. The setting is amazing, it almost looks like a prom dance. An official photographer takes both Caterina and I in picture which makes me very self-conscious at first, but then I start enjoying myself thinking this is not much different from my birthday night. Entering the castle, I can't even find the words. The room is enormous. There is a big open space where people are already dancing in front of a DJ, there is a buffet and white couches where people can eat, drink and talk. Looks like most guests are already here.

 Looks like most guests are already here