Chapter 4 (Jacob's POV): Pacing

I paced in the living room for a while and peaked the the window ever now and then with Brent's eyes following me. My last glace out the window I had seen James and Brendon leave and now I was just debating with myself on what to do. The pacing wasn't helping and neither was having Brent staring but I just needed to be moving. I kept telling myself not to go over but there was a part of me that was pushing me into going.

“I'm gonna go over.” I said to Brent before walking out the door and making my way across the lawn.

I kept repeating what I was going to say in my head but my mind went blank when I knocked and heard a reply on the other end, he sounded annoyed but I couldn't make out what he said. I tried to focus on what I was going to say but seeing the boy up close when he opened the door tuned me into jelly. I had no clue what I was saying or how I looked but I do remember introducing myself so I didn't sound like a total creep and I caught his name, Lucas. The next thing I know I was saying good bye and quickly heading back over to my house.

“So, how did it go?” Brent asked in amusement when I walked back through my front door.

“Honestly, I have no clue. I did get his name though.”

“Oh really? And what would be the name of your beloved?

“He's not my beloved, and his name is Lucas.” I mumbled.

Brent and I played video games and scrolled through channels for a few hour and then Brent left at six for his usual date with a mysterious person he won't tell me about. I had myself some food and then headed up to my room to relax. I took one last peak out my bedroom window to see Lucas in the room I'd never seen used before, I guess they'd never had guests until he showed up. I watched a little TV and thought about Lucas some more. Sure he was cute and I did have a crush on him but I couldn't tell him that. If I got rejected I'd be embarrassed but if he did accept my feelings it would be hard to hide that I was bi and I didn't want to deal with the assholes at school or put Lucas in danger. I decided I'd deal with that some other time, pushed him out of my head for the time being, and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

just a quick notice: i changed Jacob's friend's name from Scott to Brent and James' boyfriends name from Brandon to Scott so confusion is understandable, I just liked how they sounded together better.