Chapter 5 (Lucas' POV): First Day

Sorry for the late update, school and moving has kept me away from writing for a while.

i'm not sure what direction to go from this point and i have 2 completely different idea for the next chapter. what do you guys want me to do?

a)Jacob turns into a complete asshat but Brent comes to Lucas' aid (instead of Jacob's POV it'll be Brent's)

b)Jacob is completely confusing and 2 faced (this'll be mostly flashbacks and inner thoughs. a.k.a.: a filler)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was just starting to slip out of sleep when I hear “Lucas!” in my ear and bolted upright, smacking my head against something hard.

“Fuck!” I heard the same voice shout and looked over to see Scott holding his forehead about a foot away from my bed.

“Sorry! Forgot to warn you that he gets a bit jumpy when he's waking up!” James shouted from somewhere else in the house.

“Sorry.” I said shyly.

Scott quickly composed himself, still holding his forehead, “That's alright, just get up and get ready, you have a hour.”

“Do I have to take a bus?”

“No, but I'm driving you and I have to leave in a hour.” and with that he left while mumbling something about heard headed brothers.

I got out of bed and grabbed a black skinny jeans, an avenged sevenfold shirt, socks and my white converse. I took a quick shower, got dressed and had just finished fixing my hair when I heard “Come on, we gotta go” from downstairs. I ran down the steps and caught a messenger bag as it was being thrown at my chest.

“That's all your stuff for school, now get going.” my brother said, giving Scott a peck on the lips and kissing my forehead as we walked out the door, “Have a good day.”

I got into the passenger seat of the car and then Scott got in and started it. After 5 or 6 minutes of driving we pulled up to a big, sort of old fashion looking, 2 story building and Scott pulled up to the front doors of the school and unlocked the doors.

“James will pick you up right here after school but if you want to come home early just call him and he'll come get you.” Scott told me, sounding friendlier than usual until he said, “now hurry up and go to the office, I need to get to work.”

With a sigh and a wave I got out, walked around the car and entered to building to see a bird looking lady smiling at the students until she saw me and walked over.

“You're a new face, you must be Lucas.” her voices was very cherry and it caught me off guard so I just nodded, “I'm Ms. Gaff and I'll be your councilor here. I just wanted to welcome you to Springvail High and help you get started on your classes. I was able to match all of the classes from your old school so you don't have to worry about choosing new ones. I have your schedule, school mad, and agenda right here and I have someone in mind with the some of the same classes as you and classes close to yours to give you a tour.”

She handed me a notebook looking spiral binder with two large sheets of paper behind the cover and peered up as the door closed, “and here he is.” This caused me to turn around and see Jacob looking around, confused.

“Who's here?” he asked.

“Well you of course, you're going to show this new student around the school.” her voice didn't sound as nice when she talked to him, “Lucas, this is Jacob, your guide to the school. Jacob, this is Lucas, he's new here.”

“OK.” he looked and sounded more excited than I thought he would be but went back to normal as the doors opened and shut again.

There guys that looked just as big as Jacob or bigger walked in and slapped Jacob on the shoulder as they passes him. When they passed me they all gave me dirty looks that made me shrink back a bit but no one else seemed to notice. I suddenly felt a tug at my arm and in an instant I was being dragged down the hall by Jacob until we reached a bathroom and he pulled me inside.

“Listen, I can't really talk to you much in school 'cause of my friends so don't let that bother you. Now let me see your schedule.” I handed it to him and he looked it over quickly, “We have homeroom, 1st block, 2nd block, full 3rd block, and 5th block together. Our 4th block classes are right next to each other though so I can show you that one before I got to mine. Now let's go.” and with that I was being pulled out of the bathroom and he finally let me walk as he lead me to homeroom.