Rosy cheeks, fair skin and freckles

Neanderthals, who ranged from Western Europe to Central Asia, probably had the same distribution of skin color as modern humans, including fair skin and freckles.

Fair skin is an advantage at northern latitudes because it is more efficient at generating vitamin D from weak sunlight. Freckles are clusters of cells that overproduce melanin granules, they are triggered by exposure to sunlight and are most noticeable on pale skin.

Pale skin is a Neanderthal gene and is found in Eurasian populations, most commonly in Europeans (70% have at least one copy of the Neanderthal version). Interestingly enough, is the fact that within Asia and India the ruling classes have lighter skin compared to the lower classes and traditionally so did their Gods.

The ancient people who had naturally elongated heads also had pale skin compared to the local people they ruled over. The broad, projecting nose and the small receding chin are also most commonly found in people who have pale skin and are of Eurasian heritage.

Neanderthals side jaws and cheeks were well supplied with blood, the result was a reddening of the cheeks

Neanderthals side jaws and cheeks were well supplied with blood, the result was a reddening of the cheeks. This feature was adopted by Eurasians who were inhabiting northern latitudes.

When ancient cultures describe a God with having a red face, it could be possible that they were describing a European elite who were mistaken for Gods by native people.

White gods is the belief that ancient cultures around the world were visited by Caucasian races in ancient times, known as "White gods". This idea was based on 16th-century accounts of the Spanish conquistadors being greeted as "gods" by the peoples of the New World.

Chief Rolling Thunder of the Comanches, a tribe from the Great Plains, gave the following account of an ancient race of white giants in 1857.

"Innumerable moons ago, a race of white men, 10 feet high, and far more rich and powerful than any white people now living, here inhabited a large range of country, extending from the rising to the setting sun. Their fortifications crowned the summits of the mountains, protecting their populous cities situated in the intervening valleys."

The chief explained that when this race of pale skinned giants forgot justice and mercy and became too proud. He claims that the Great Spirit wiped them out and all that was left of their society were the mounds still visible on the tablelands.

In late Aztec mythology the deities Ometecuhtli and Omecihuatl had four sons who were called the Tezcatlipocas, "Smoking Mirrors," who created all the other gods, as well as the world and humankind.

The first son was simply called Tezcatlipoca or the Black Tezcatlipoca. Then there was Quetzalcóatl, often occurring as the twin of the first one, was the White Tezcatlipoca. White Tezcatlipoca and a few other pre-Columbian deities in the Americas have created controversial theories claiming that their "whiteness" is a reference to Europeans (or even Atlanteans) whose arrival in the so-called New World predated that of Columbus.

The third was called Huitzilopochtli, who was the Blue Tezcatlipoca, who could have had blue eyes, meaning he was also of European stock. The last was Xipe Totec, the Red Tezcatlipoca, maybe he was a angry person and the colour red could be describing his reddish face when angry. Maybe the colour red could be pointing to his hair colour that may have been red.

Many war Gods and fire Gods are depicted as being red in their skin colour and it has been speculated that this could be depicting a European heritage.

When someone with pale skin becomes extremely angry or is performing extreme exercises, their skin complexion turns a reddish colour all over their bodies and face. A fire God tends to be a angry God and a angry European God would most likely have a red face.

If the Gods of War are of European heritage than their faces would turn red during a physical battle.