0.9

" Even if it means killing Steve Rogers in the process

" Even if it means killing Steve Rogers in the process. "

An explosion shook the city of New York, startling sleeping citizens, irritating stray dogs and setting off car alarms miles away.

"What is it?" Wanda whispers, peering through the glass as her and Vision try to sneak a peek at the commotion.

"Stay here, please." Vision replies softly.

Suddenly, as if her powers had a mind of their own, Wanda compels a knife across the room. It stops dead in front of someone's head, the blade inches away from piercing their skull.

"Guess I shoulda knocked." A deep, male voice spoke up. Clint Barton stood there, his eyes focused on the weapon in front of him.

"Oh my god! What are you doing here?" Cries Wanda, a smile etched across her face at the sight of her old friend.

"Disappointing my kids." He shoots arrows to both sides of the room, "I'm supposed to go waterskiing. Cap needs our help. Come on."

"Clint!" Vision interrupts their little reunion, "You should not be here."

Hawkeye turns around, "Really? I retire for, what, like five minutes, and it all goes to shit."

"Please consider the consequences of your actions." The man warns warily.

"Okay, they're considered. Okay, we gotta go. "
Vision is held in a force field, crackling and sprakling between the two arrows. "It's this way."

Wanda, frowning, speaks up, "I've caused enough problems."

With his lips pulled down into a frown, Clint runs back, "You gotta help me, Wanda. Look, you wanna mope, you can go to high school. You wanna make amends, you get off your ass. Shit-" but before Clint could continue any further, Vision breaks free from the forcefield and punches the man to the floor. Despite the power of the blow, Clint recovers rather quickly. "I knew I should've stretched."

He extends a baton and tries to hit Vision, but the blows go through him. Clint resorts to punches, then tries the baton again. It breaks. Clint tries to kick Vision, but his leg goes right through him. He gets the human in a headlock.

"Clint, you can't overpower me."

"I know I can't. But she can."

"Vision, that's enough. Let him go. I'm leaving." Commands Wanda.

"I can't let you."

She holds her hands apart, glowing with energy. Clint slips from Vision's grasp, stunning him. He falters, "If you do this... they will never stop being afraid of you."

Wanda lets out a breath, "I can't control their fear, only my own." She moves closer. Vision glows from within and crashes through the floor, and several floors beneath. The two escapees stand over the holes in the floors.