Chapter 5: Terrible news

Kyle took me to a corner where no one will hear us talking.

" I am going on a family vacation. My dad got promoted and we are celebrating." He said sadly. I was disappointed because prom was coming up and I wanted him to take me.

"Really? I can't believe this. You are coming back right?" I asked him. He looked scared to tell me if they were or not.

"Of course we are in....." Kyle paused he looked into my curious eyes and said," in three months." He looked scared to be leaving Merston. I looked down hoping he will not see my tears. He lifted up my chin and rubbed his thumb against my cheek. He looked me straight in the eye, and hugged me for a very long time after 30 seconds i hugged him back. I was crying by knowing that he was leaving.

" Why all lovey dovey?" Lori asked. She walked to us. My tears explained it all. " What happened? Did you dump her? Boy I am going to smack you so hard." She lifted her arm and got ready to slap Kyle. I grabbed her arm before she could.

"Kyle didn't dump me, He is leaving." I said to her. Lori put down her arm.

"When were you going to tell us? Prom is-.'' Lori said but was interrupted by Kyle.

" Oh my gosh Prom! I totally forgot! what am I supposed to do now? Jessi I am so sorry." Kyle exclaimed. I nodded my head and smiled.

"You will be back a week after prom. Let's just leave it at that. When are you leaving?'' I asked him.

"Monday." Kyle said. Me and Lori were surprised on how early he was leaving. "I know it is short notice but my mom just called and said we are going to Los Angeles on Monday."

"Monday?! You are leave on Monday?! It is Thursday, we only have 5 days to be together?" I asked him. we hugged until Coach Halding saw us.

*Whistle* "Okay brake it up you three I got a gym to run." Coach Walden yelled from the middle of the gym.

The days went by so fast before we knew it, it was Sunday.