Paint Stained Converse

Eliot’s Point Of Veiw

(Author’s note: I made an edit to the last chapter. Instead of X-men days of future past, they are going to watch Avengers at her house.)

That Friday 

When I got home that day, I rushed through my homework. I didn’t care if I got most of the answers on my math homework wrong, I was going to have a maybe-kinda-sorta date with Skylar. Was is a date? What was I going to wear?

“Eliot, have you decided what you are gonna wear on your non-date date?” my mom laughed. I told her everything and she was always able to read my mind. My mom and I were close, but then again my dad died of cancer when I was really young, so I had only really known my mom. There never was any father-son bonding time.

“No. And mom, it’s not a date” I rolled my eyes and quietly added, “as far as I know.” She laughed. I held up a plaid flannel and she shook her head.

“That has paint on it.”

“Almost everything I own has paint on it.”

“True, but try to find the one with the least amount of paint.” she sighed, shaking her head.

“Oooh wear that blue and green one!” my sister, Catherine, appeared. I forgot, she was on break. What school has a break, like, two weeks after it starts? She walked towards my closet and pulled out a blue, green, teal, and turquoise plaid flannel. I wore a lot of flannels. (Author’s note: Don’t judge me, they are comfy, and I love plaid shirts)

She threw it at me, grabbed my grey jeans, and also threw those at me. “Okay, then just wear your black converse with it, and one of your random t shirts under the flannel. Preferably black.” My sister was like the fashion police or something. But then again, she did want to be a designer. It always made me laugh anyway.

        “Thanks, Cat.” She just hugged me. Really tight. “You’re killing me”, I gasped.

“Sorry! It’s just that my baby brother has his first date!” she shrieked.

“Aw come on”, I groaned. “It’s not a date”

“Sure, it’s definitely not a date”, Cat and mom said in unison. Sometimes they were the same person. It was creepy. They left, giggling.

I decided on my Black Sabbath T-shirt because it was the same one Tony Stark wore in the Avengers. I got dressed and had to find my shoes. Where were they? I walked downstairs to find my mom and my sister each holding a shoe. Typical.

“We just needed to make sure you didn’t leave without saying goodbye” Catherine laughed.

“You are driving me!” I rolled my eyes, as I put my shoes on.

“Oh yeah, I’ll pick you up at ten, by the way” Cat giggled.

“Have fun”, my mom called to me as we walked out the door. My family could be so clueless sometimes.

Author’s note: I hope you all like it so far. I am kinda winging it as I go, so I’m sorry if it isn’t that great.