chapter 5

Armitage drinks the rest of his wine and pours another full glass. His eyes tell me of his sadness.

I look down at the light liquid in the glass and swirl it around. "Did I like it here? What kind of person was I?"

Armitage smirks as a faint shade of pink surfaces his cheeks. "You were sadistic and struck fear into the hearts of all who dare to oppose us -you. I mean you. You killed for pleasure and arousal. You made impotent workers and peasantry beg mercy for their lives. Your military strategies were extraordinary and ruthless. Your force sensitivity, phenomenal. Honestly, if you weren't injured, you'd be Supreme Leader." He sighs in the nostalgic memory of my horrid personality.

I am in shock. Am I really that terrible? Could I have killed that storm trooper in the elevator? I really do wish to kill him. "Thank you for enlightening me on this subject. I feel better knowing that my violent thoughts were normal." I seem so nice to him though. "Was I mean to you, Armitage?"

He shakes his head left and right. "You and I had respect for one another. I am the only force lacking person alive that can stand up to your terror without fear it seems. We did have a lot of fun together while working. But now, you are an Admiral. We have separate assignments."

I smile knowing that he could basically be called my friend. I like this man. He seems genuine and open with me. I drink the rest of my wine.

"It is late. Shall I escort you back to your place?"

"I don't want to go." I quickly say. "But this information about me helps my confidence. I think I should go back in order to maintain peace with Kylo. I can stand up to him, I think." I get up and push the chair in. Armitage does the same and we walk to my apartment.

General Hux walks beside me. "So..." I break the silence. "Kylo Ren seems young to be the Supreme Leader."

"Indeed he is. Our dear Supreme Leader Snoke was killed before the destructive blast. That wretched girl whom sees herself as a Jedi did this..." Armitage's hatred for her shows in his raspy voice.

"Shall I kill her for you?" I ask. This jedi seems annoying.

"For me? Not for the First Order?" Hux flips his head towards me in confusion and hope.

I smile and wink. "Only for you."

I get to the door. I sigh and put in my print and the door slides open. Kylo stands in front of me with his arms crossed.

Before I could say anything, Armitage interjects the awkward silence. "I found Admiral (L/N) with a severe bloody nose. She needed to be taken care of. I will take my leave Supreme Leader." He bows and leaves me alone with him.

I courageously speak my mind, hoping it wouldn't lead me to death. "Look, Kylo. I don't know you. I don't remember you! At least give me a chance to gain back my memory!" My teeth show in anger. I push him with all the muscle I had. He doesn't budge an inch. "I'm going to bed!" I storm pass him, stomp up the stairs, and slam the door shut. It's nice to let my anger out. I calm down and plop down on the bed, still in Armitage's clothing. A dream fills my empty brain.

"You'd rather love him? He has done nothing but impede on your ability to execute your missions to outstanding expectations." The familiar voice echoed in my ears.

"It's for the best." My voice replied.

"I thought you considered him useless and incapable. Where did this all come from?" The voice became angry and hurt.

"I'm doing this for the First Order. I have a responsibility." my voice snapped at the male speaker.

"I love you."

"Don't do this. Not now. Let's enjoy our last night. Kiss me."

I wake up wondering who that man was. It surely wasn't Kylo. I lay in bed awake, lost in thought. This dream is more of a life event than fiction. Nothing made sense. I have the need to visit Armitage and ask him more questions. I feel like he would know something about it. I decide to get up and get ready. I put on my black sith robes and trot down the stairs. Kylo is nowhere to be found. Who cares? I make some eggs and toast with coffee. I've outdone myself here, despite the simple task.

I walk up to the door of General Armitage Hux's apartment and press the button. A noise is made but no answer. I wonder if he's working. Do I even work? I press it again and wait. Nothing.

I try the lock pad and put my finger print in it. I doubt it will work, but it's a long shot. The light turns green. I'm in. I relax on the couch, eventually drifting in and out of sleep. My body isn't use to any kind of exercise so any kind of walking or moving depletes my energy terribly.

I wake up slightly hungry.  The machine on his wall reads 17:24 (5:24pm). Ah, what was that word again? That machine that tells time... it isn't a watch. It's another word. I'd have to ask Armitage Hux once he gets back from work.

I get up and prepare dinner for myself, but then decide to just cook for the two of us. I want to see what else I could do and if I have any skills at all. I grab specific ingredients and start sautéing the fuck out of these vegetables while seasoning just so perfectly. It is like second nature to me. I start making more types of food just for the fun of it. I check the time and clean up the kitchen. I sit at the table and relax. A beep from the door sounds and it slides open. Armitage walks in with a surprised expression.

"Admiral (L/N). What brings you to my home?" His brows furrow and he smells the air that was filled with a delicious scent.

"It wasn't my original intention, but I made dinner." I smile at his confusion. There's something about him that makes me cheery.