Talk

Raven really didn't want to talk about the "Roof Incident", but Robin wasn't giving her a choice. " Raven." His voice was stern, but soft. She avoided looking into his eyes as she answered. "It was an accident. But while you and the others were in the common room today, I found out why it happened." She stopped there, gathering her thoughts. Before Robin could push her, she pulled her hood down and continued. "I went to Nevermore, and spoke to Knowledge." Robin knew about Nevermore, Raven had told him about it a while back. He tried to look into her eyes, but they were still down. "She said that I had the outburst because of you. Now that I have someone to share my problems with, I can let my emotions free. If I don't,  one or more of my emotions will come out and consume me." Robin took it all in, nodding slowly. He understood. It made sense. "That's going to be hard for you, isn't it, Raven." She nodded, and Robin went for his next question, "What happened with you and Tim." At this Raven felt her face heat up. She knew he would want to know, but she wasn't ready. After minutes of silence, Raven let the words out. "He kissed me. The day Harley Quinn attacked." All Robin could do was stare. She didn't want to look at his eyes. She couldn't. He was, after all, wearing his mask. When Robin didn't respond, she continued. "It wasn't a long one. I guess he wanted to thank me for saving him. I pushed him away. The day after, he came into my room, and began asking me how I felt. He had gloves on that made my powers useless, but I got him. Then the two of you began to fight." She risked looking up, but was surprised when she saw Robin's maskless face. She didn't need her empathic abilities to know his emotions. They were clear in his eyes. Anger, sadness, and understanding. He started to walk over to her, and Raven kept her eyes locked with his. She stood up from the chair, ready for his words. When the words didn't come, she started to worry. The feeling faded though when both of Robin's hands cupped her face. He leaned down, pulling her in. Robin's lips touched her's. Raven let her eyes close, wrapping her arms around his neck. It was long and sweet, making Raven forget about her surroundings. When he pulled away for air, Raven let her head rest on his shoulder. His words startled her slightly, but she let them sink in. "I'm sorry." They were two simple words, but somehow, they meant so much. They stayed like that for a long time, wrapped in a hug. She thought about how she had to show emotions, and realized that with Robin, it wouldn't be so hard. He understood her, loved her. She felt a tear fall down her face, onto Robin's shoulder. They weren't sad tears though. They were happy tears. She was happy that someone understood her. Happy that she had someone to love. Happy that there would always be someone to share her problems with. The list weñt on and on. "Thank you." Her words were quiet, but she knew Robin heard her. She felt him nod, and kissed his cheek. They would've stayed the way they were longer, but, of course, someone had to knock on his door. Raven stood there, hating how the warmth from his body left with him. He answered the door, and Raven heard the sweet, happy voice. It was Starfire. As soon as she saw Raven, her voice turned slightly upset. "Why is friend Raven in your room?" Robin started to tell her a lie, and Raven realized something. She was sick of the lies. The rest of the team had to know. She pushed Robin aside, facing Starfire. "We'll explain in the common room. Just go down there, and wait a few minutes." Starfire looked hesitant, but soon nodded and flew away. Robin turned Raven towards him, confused. Raven took his hand and began to explain. "We can't hide from them forever, Robin." Robin sighed, causing Raven to do the same. "Raven, are you sure about this?" He looked into her eyes, and saw the answer.