BCE

Asernath, Princess of Egypt, quietly giggles in the beautiful gardens near the Nile River. She had just found three fluffy kittens playing with each other. She cooed to the one that was left out and sat it upon her lap, petting the cute little ball while it licked her. 

"I must find some milk for you three. Perhaps father will be kind enough to allow me to bring you into my bedchambers until you are old enough to hunt the palace mice that scatter across our floors with such haste." she said smiling, unaware of a dark looming shadow befalling upon her figure. 

"Rah!!!" screamed the High Priest Imhotep. 

Asernath shrieked and jumped, the three kittens all hissing and fluffing up at the man behind her. 

"Imhotep!" she scolded as he doubled over in laughter, his robes quaking with his quivering body. He continued to laugh and wiped a stray tear from his cheek. 

"Forgive me your Highness but you were so lost in your own world that I could not resist to scare you back into this reality." 

Asernath's cheeks a flamed at his words. 

"I was merely speaking to the animals. They have ears as we do." she muttered and he chuckled again. 

"Yes I suppose that's true." he stated before pulling her pale petite waist closer to him. He gave her a devilish look before giving her an apology kiss on the forehead. 

Asernath closed her eyes, smiling at him and sighing. 

"I could never remain angry at you." she chuckled before pecking him on the cheek, turning away to glance at the bright blue waters filled with pale pink lotus flowers. Her expression turned one into a sad smile. Imhotep highly concerned went up behind her, embracing her in a tight hug. 

"My lotus bloom what is the matter with you." he questioned nuzzling her neck and staring at the view. 

" I am the soon to be High Priestess of Asa; once I am I will never be able to see you again. And as you know our Temple does not permit marriage to any due for the rarity of our gifts." she sadly stated, a single pale tear going down her cheek.  

Imhotep turned her around, cupping her cheek and ever so gently wiped away the tears that managed to escape her nile blue changing eyes. He drew her in a hug, resting his chin on her head, stroking her brown hair. 

" Perhaps if we talked to your father he will give us a blessing. After all its the turn of the century. Its inevitable for the Temples to change their laws too. "